Core RPG Ruleset v2021-07-06

New Campaign:

Extensions/Themes: None

Modules Loaded: Core Rule Book, and GM Guide

Operating System / Language Setting:
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
    English (US-Primary)

Steps to Reproduce:

Issue is with Font rendering on the Reference Manual Headers. Intermittent garbled text.Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 7.23.04 PM.png

I'm not seeing this on my Windows machine running the same version. What UI scale are you running at? (You can type /scaleui in chat box to find out.)

Regards,
    JPG

I had not considered that, I was at scaleui 200, I changed it to 100 and the issue goes awa.Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 11.59.37 AM.png

I'd like to have you try it on the Test channel, if you're open to that. More information on the Test/beta channel is in the Laboratory forum.

Basically, I rewrote a lot of the UI scaling code, including how it relates to fonts; so this might go away with the next build anyway. However, I don't want to assume unless you have a chance to try it.

You're welcome to just wait until the new release (hopefully in the next couple weeks or less); and then let me know.

Regards,
    JPG

I went onto the test channel, updated, started a new campaign and used scale ui at 100, 175, and 200. It still breaks above 175, although I did not look at every header, I'm pretty sure the sweet spot is 150 where there are not issues.

I appreciate you taking the time to work this issue, personally, I would put any fix low on the totem pole as everything is still functional.

Thread Information