STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    MCC RPG ruleset v2022-12-02 (release 5):

[Fixed] Effects added to combat tracker remove plus sign after ‘NOTE:’ label.
    [Fixed] Ability scores in party sheet display as 0 for new characters.
    [Updated] Blank non-ID name defaults to ‘Unidentified item’ to match case format for other items.
    [Updated] NPC powers list in combat tracker sorted by name instead of order created.
    [Updated] DIESAVE effect modifier recognized as alternative to DIESAV.
    [Updated] NPC effects for immunity, resistance, and vulnerability group multiple damage types under same effect type – for example, ‘RESIST: cold, fire’ instead of ‘RESIST: cold; RESIST: fire’.
    [Updated] Initiative modifier displays for traps and hazards if non-zero value.
    [Updated] PROG and MUT effect modifiers accept name filter.
    [Updated] Casting table results accept a shortcut link, which displays with chat message when 'Show casting table results' option is enabled.
    [Updated] NPC special property ‘regenerate X’ recognized as alternative to ‘regeneration X’, where X is a number or dice clause, which auto-populates as REGEN effect when NPC dropped to combat tracker.
    [Updated] Damage types to align with DCC ruleset.
    [Updated] Casting table results accept a shortcut link, which displays with chat message text when 'Show casting table results' option is enabled.
    [Added] Luck die field for imported DCC characters (remains invisible for MCC characters).
    [Added] Damage triggers concentration check when ‘(C)’ is appended to effect description.
    [Added] Tooltips for 2-weapon fighting and backstab checkboxes under 'Attacks' header on Actions tab.
    [Added] Backstab functionality on Actions tab as for DCC ruleset.
    [Added] NPC target with special property ‘immune to critical hits’ does not trigger automatic crit roll. Override generates chat notification.
    [Added] Link to store page.
    [Added] GM houserule options for ability score generation using different dice rolling methods. Default is 3d6. Alternatives are 4d6 drop lowest, the Tatterdemalion’s Tampering, and the Sezrekan method.
    [Added] Imported DCC characters convert to MCC as follows: (1) artifact check bonus auto-populates from core rules table; (2) spell check becomes program check; (3) invoke patron, divine aid, turn unholy, and all level 2+ cleric spells are marked as cast (i.e., invisible in combat mode); (4) deed die becomes artifact die; and (5) luck die field is visible if populated.

The Purple Sorcerer website has more info on Tatterdemalion's Tampering and the Sezrekan method for generating ability scores if you are curious. You will also be able to access the DCC core rules module from the MCC ruleset. Post here or on Discord if you have any problems - mention @leozelig#0361 for a faster response on Discord
    Last edited by leozelig; December 2nd, 2022 at 20:48.

many thanks! is the "/funnel 4 username" command working? "/funnel 20" works, for example, but I haven't been able to assign. multiple sheets to specific users. am I doing something wrong? thx again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by macDsinfo View Post
    many thanks! is the "/funnel 4 username" command working? "/funnel 20" works, for example, but I haven't been able to assign. multiple sheets to specific users. am I doing something wrong? thx again.
    As long as the user is connected to the server, and the names match exactly, it should work. The username is case-sensitive. Let me know if that info doesn’t resolve the issue, and I’ll check it out.

We found a bug last night from the random dice gods.

The Mutation 'Heightened Strength' is currently programmed to add bonus effects to STA vice STR.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    We found a bug last night from the random dice gods.

The Mutation 'Heightened Strength' is currently programmed to add bonus effects to STA vice STR.
    Ah, good catch! I will patch that up, thanks for the report.

Blog Entries
    Update submitted:

[Fixed] Effect actions for 'heightened strength' mutation apply stamina bonus instead of strength.

Note that the patch notes say heightened *senses* instead of strength, which is just a typo on my part

Hi I have both DCC and MCC rulesets. I loaded both modules (DCC and MCC Rule Books) in the MCC ruleset. However, when I attempted to open the DCC rule book for spells, the list appears, but when I click on a spell nothing happens. It does not show the spell information. I tried several different spells and had the same result. Am I doing something wrong or does't the DCC rule book module work while in the MCC ruleset ? Thanks ahead of time.

Blog Entries
    Hi wolfknight75, thanks for the report. I should be able to fix that. It’s definitely not anything you’re doing wrong.

Great, I was worried maybe I did something. Thank you for the quick reply. By the way, are there any plans on more integration between both sets in the future? Just a thought, I've been using both for my physical game for over a year now in my Barbarians of New Earth campaign (think Thundaar).

Blog Entries
    I want the DCC stuff to mostly work within the MCC ruleset, but they created enough differences that it’s hard to make things fully interchangeable. I will definitely continue fixing minor issues like this. We considered making MCC an extension that runs off the DCC ruleset, but then you would need to purchase both to play MCC. That’s probably what most people do anyway, but it seemed best to make MCC stand on its own. Either way, I think there would be imperfections with switching back and forth. If I ever have time, maybe I can figure out a way to merge the 2 rulesets with an option to toggle the char sheet from DCC to MCC. I think most of the other game elements are more interchangeable.

Thread Information