STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

PDF Character Sheets for 5e and DCC

Hi all,

I posted a link on the FG subreddit, but thought I’d cross post here.

After trying several different PDF tools for FG, I wanted to make one that exported more information. I made this tool here for converting the XML exports of FG characters to a readable PDF:
    https://fantasygrounds2pdf.vercel.app

It’s still in an early state, but it supports D&D 5e and Dungeon Crawl Classics currently.

There are probably bugs, and it doesn’t have a real “home” yet (nor is it super pretty) but I figured I’d share in case others were looking for an easy way to print off character sheets for your players.

Caveats:
    - Only supports Chrome
    - Once you select the XML and convert, you must Ctl-P to print it and “Save as PDF”
    - Only 5e, DCC, and Cyberpunk RED sheets supported now (those are the systems I’ve been playing, but maybe I’ll add more eventually)

This is just a front-end app, so nothing is saved to a server.

Example of DCC sheet (pg 1):
    475E31FA-1CE6-428F-83DE-5AB39B9C0CDC.png

Updates: Supports Cyberpunk RED as well!
    Last edited by seansps; March 7th, 2023 at 21:30. Reason: Updates

Nice one!

Just an FYI, it appears to work with Safari browser, not exclusively Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by jrowsey1 View Post
    Just an FYI, it appears to work with Safari browser, not exclusively Chrome.
    Oh cool! Thanks for testing!

Hi seansps,

I was able to export and print off a Drow elf Palidan using Waterfox x64 G3.2.4.1 under Windows 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjini View Post
    Hi seansps,

I was able to export and print off a Drow elf Palidan using Waterfox x64 G3.2.4.1 under Windows 11.
    Awesome! I had to look up what that browser was 😂. Glad it’s working!

Awesome. As other similar projects have fallen apart, its good to see someone picking up the torch.

Can I help?

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    Hi all,

I posted a link on the FG subreddit, but thought I’d cross post here.

After trying several different PDF tools for FG, I wanted to make one that exported more information. I made this tool here for converting the XML exports of FG characters to a readable PDF:
    https://fantasygrounds2pdf.vercel.app

It’s still in an early state, but it supports D&D 5e and Dungeon Crawl Classics currently.

There are probably bugs, and it doesn’t have a real “home” yet (nor is it super pretty) but I figured I’d share in case others were looking for an easy way to print off character sheets for your players.

Caveats:
    - Only supports Chrome
    - Once you select the XML and convert, you must Ctl-P to print it and “Save as PDF”
    - Only 5e and DCC sheets supported now (those are the systems I’ve been playing, but maybe I’ll add more eventually)

This is just a front-end app, so nothing is saved to a server.

Example of DCC sheet (pg 1):
    475E31FA-1CE6-428F-83DE-5AB39B9C0CDC.png

This is fantastic. Best one I've used so far. I noticed a couple of bugs though. I'm wondering if the source is available somewhere? I would be interested in contributing back by fixing some of the things I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by bmccord View Post
    This is fantastic. Best one I've used so far. I noticed a couple of bugs though. I'm wondering if the source is available somewhere? I would be interested in contributing back by fixing some of the things I noticed.
    Thank you! Yes I imagine I have a few bugs that need ironing.

That would be great if you could help!

You can pull the source here and I think you should be able to do a PR on it if not I can give permission: https://github.com/seansps/fg2pdf

Absolute thank you for making this tool it is super useful.
    WELCOME TO THE EXPEDITION TO SLEEPER ISLAND
    Sleeper Island is a 5th edition Dungeons & Dragons community set on the unexplored continent.

Players of all different levels of experience, age, and nationality are welcome. Experience in Fantasy Grounds or Play by Post are helpful, but not necessary.

Join missions with new and familiar faces to uncover the mysteries still unfound in the perilous wilderness of Sleeper Island!
    https://sleeperisland.eu

Thread Information