FG Forge
  1. #1

    There can be only ONE!

    Extensions - at least mine - have today officially been removed from DMsG sales. I assume everyone else's (who was notified they were going away) have also been removed as they were waiting to do them all at once.

    Now... there is only... the Forge!!!

    ThereCanBeOnlyOne.jpg
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

  2. #2
    Amerisun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    38
    I am one that will be supporting all the mods on the Forge going forward, the DMsG has a difficult user interface to try to find any content I have purchased, with little to no filtering. Also it's difficult to find new content there, same problem with filtering and getting to the content you care about.

    Not saying Forge is that much better, but I am more confident it will get better over time since it seems SmiteWorks listens to it's community where it can afford to apply development cycles, but having the auto update for plugins is key in my opinion.

    I have enough to do as a DM, hunting down any fixes for Extensions before a game is just another thing to add to prepping for a game. :-) I am excited for the future!
    My Youtube Channel for Tech and Gaming Tutorials
    Discord Bot for Syrinscape Tutorial Post

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerisun View Post
    I am one that will be supporting all the mods on the Forge going forward, the DMsG has a difficult user interface to try to find any content I have purchased, with little to no filtering. Also it's difficult to find new content there, same problem with filtering and getting to the content you care about.

    Not saying Forge is that much better, but I am more confident it will get better over time since it seems SmiteWorks listens to it's community where it can afford to apply development cycles, but having the auto update for plugins is key in my opinion.

    I have enough to do as a DM, hunting down any fixes for Extensions before a game is just another thing to add to prepping for a game. :-) I am excited for the future!
    Umm what?
    It has a search by name and you can filter out things. Plus if you want to see what you own goto your owned library which has it's own filter/search also.

    Both are better than the current forge. I'm really at a lost of 1) How you came about to this opinion? and 2) why are you posting it here?

    In my opinion, DMsG is hands down better than the forge in every way. Including the autoupdate which is terrabad. Unless you like having random conflicts and errors in your game with no info on what has or hasn't been updated, when it was update, which version of the update it is currently, or a way to go back in updates.

  4. #4
    Amerisun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Umm what?
    It has a search by name and you can filter out things. Plus if you want to see what you own goto your owned library which has it's own filter/search also.

    Both are better than the current forge. I'm really at a lost of 1) How you came about to this opinion? and 2) why are you posting it here?

    In my opinion, DMsG is hands down better than the forge in every way. Including the autoupdate which is terrabad. Unless you like having random conflicts and errors in your game with no info on what has or hasn't been updated, when it was update, which version of the update it is currently, or a way to go back in updates.
    Probably should have been more specific. Dms guild is not bad, and I will still buy content there, I have pages of content as it is. I just won't buy extensions / plugins anymore over there to support this platform. To that point I have already re-purchased everything that was moved over here to support this platform.

    As the last line I stated I am excited for the future as the Forge expands and gets better, more than the state of it right now as it's more a beta product. I look forward to what it will become, not what it is now which obviously needs some more work. They probably had to rush it out because of the problems with WoTC and DMsG issues on extensions debauchery.

    Also in looking at your message closer, I went back to DMsG and realized their navigation on the left is not just navigation but also a filter builder, which is not clear to the average user. I have bought a lot of content there and been using that site for over a year now and never realized the left hand navigation automatically changes to a filter after you navigate to one place. Not intuitive, but not as bad as I first thought, so I thank you for pointing that out to me.
    Last edited by Amerisun; August 13th, 2021 at 02:11.
    My Youtube Channel for Tech and Gaming Tutorials
    Discord Bot for Syrinscape Tutorial Post

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerisun View Post
    Probably should have been more specific. Dms guild is not bad, and I will still buy content there, I have pages of content as it is. I just won't buy extensions / plugins anymore over there to support this platform. To that point I have already re-purchased everything that was moved over here to support this platform.

    As the last line I stated I am excited for the future as the Forge expands and gets better, more than the state of it right now as it's more a beta product. I look forward to what it will become, not what it is now which obviously needs some more work. They probably had to rush it out because of the problems with WoTC and DMsG issues on extensions debauchery.

    Also in looking at your message closer, I went back to DMsG and realized their navigation on the left is not just navigation but also a filter builder, which is not clear to the average user. I have bought a lot of content there and been using that site for over a year now and never realized the left hand navigation automatically changes to a filter after you navigate to one place. Not intuitive, but not as bad as I first thought, so I thank you for pointing that out to me.
    I love this community, its people like you that make my day bright. Thank you for being such a good person and going to extra mile to see thru my poorly worded message and getting what you could out of it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds FRIDAYS NOON

Log in

Log in