DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 17 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Trying to automate Spike Growth. I tried:

AURA: 20 all; Spike Growth; DMGA: 2d4 piercing; DMGRT

It doesn't work. It does the initial damage when walking into the AoE, but then it leaves the effect "FROMAURA; Spike Growth; DMGRT;" on the token; it won't add another damage effect after additional movement in the AoE. I tried using STACK, but that didn't change anything.

Any ideas? I have a Dao Genie Sorlock who casts Spike Growth every combat and I really want to automate this if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    The above coding should work, I'm not sure if it works with BCE and AURA Effects exts, or if you need BCEG or not. You can check and let me know.

What the above coding does is force a save of anyone within 5ft of the effected creature/icon with the aura at the END of their turn. Now if you push something into them, you would need to roll another save for that AURA effects doesnt really work for that part, you should roll that as you would normally roll spell saves on casting, which this is doing as a bonus action.
    Yeah, I can't seem to get that to work even though the BCE has the SAVEE syntax in it and BCEG doesn't. I would rather not have to buy another extension. I try to keep extensions to a minimum just because of the constant conflicts that arise.

Not sure why this doesn't work with BCE though, is it maybe doing the save at the end of the aura owner's turn?

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    Yeah, I can't seem to get that to work even though the BCE has the SAVEE syntax in it and BCEG doesn't. I would rather not have to buy another extension. I try to keep extensions to a minimum just because of the constant conflicts that arise.

Not sure why this doesn't work with BCE though, is it maybe doing the save at the end of the aura owner's turn?
    If you using BCE, you can't use SDC, you need to put the spell save DC there, so say it's a 15, it would be

Code:
    Flaming Sphere; (C); AURA: 5 all; Flaming Sphere; SAVEE: 15 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 2d6 fire
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Quote Originally Posted by Sandfox View Post
    Trying to automate Spike Growth. I tried:

AURA: 20 all; Spike Growth; DMGA: 2d4 piercing; DMGRT

It doesn't work. It does the initial damage when walking into the AoE, but then it leaves the effect "FROMAURA; Spike Growth; DMGRT;" on the token; it won't add another damage effect after additional movement in the AoE. I tried using STACK, but that didn't change anything.

Any ideas? I have a Dao Genie Sorlock who casts Spike Growth every combat and I really want to automate this if I can.
    So first off let me say using DMGA with AURA is a bad idea, but here you go.

Code:
    Spike Growth; AURA: 20 all; Spike Growth; IF: FACTION(notself); DMGA: 2d4 piercing; DMGRT: all
    Auras doesn't count full spaces so it will update each time the token is recalculated and it might even trigger on other things that its applied too
    Also the notself is a must here as if not it will remove it from itself.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    If you using BCE, you can't use SDC, you need to put the spell save DC there, so say it's a 15, it would be

Code:
    Flaming Sphere; (C); AURA: 5 all; Flaming Sphere; SAVEE: 15 DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 2d6 fire
    Thanks a bunch, that works... I assume the SDC basically does the save calculation for you in which case for those that don't have BCEG you can just do it this way too.

Code:
    Flaming Sphere; (C); AURA: 5 all; Flaming Sphere; SAVEE: 8 [PRF] [WIS] DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 2d6 fire, magic
    When you drag that to a token the DC will be calculated automatically.

It is also worth mentioning that in the case of things like Spike Growth or auras that are visible to the PC that trigger when entering them it is rather punishing to the player to have the done automatically especially if they didn't remember or the aura is not clearly marked for their PC to avoid. So allowing the player to rethink their movement is much easier than having to adjust damage later.

Ending and starting on the other hand their declaration of action is pretty much set.

Hi Folks,

i try to implement a Damaging Aura for some Kruthiks (D&D 4e). Enemies (usually the players) get 2 damage when they end their turn next to the Kruthik (1 square).

I tried: AURA 1 foe; Gnashing Horde; DMGOE: 2

This only resulted in the Kruthik getting damage. I swapped foe to ally but got the same result. The token is set to the red faction, an adjacent test token is set to green.

I get the impression i am missing an obvious but important point.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terenor View Post
    Hi Folks,

i try to implement a Damaging Aura for some Kruthiks (D&D 4e). Enemies (usually the players) get 2 damage when they end their turn next to the Kruthik (1 square).

I tried: AURA 1 foe; Gnashing Horde; DMGOE: 2

This only resulted in the Kruthik getting damage. I swapped foe to ally but got the same result. The token is set to the red faction, an adjacent test token is set to green.

I get the impression i am missing an obvious but important point.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I don't know anything about 4e

However, if you want it to stop hitting the Kruthik you can put an if statement in there for it.

Code:
    Gnashing Horde; AURA 1 foe; Gnashing Horde; IF: FACTION(notself); DMGOE: 2
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Thank you for the quick reply. Sadly that doesn't work either. I made a new effect in the effect window. Copiy pasted your line. Dragged the effect onto the Kruthik in the combat tracker. Still hurts the kruthik and not the test player.

Do i have to applie the auras in a different way for the npcs/monsters?

Quote Originally Posted by Terenor View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply. Sadly that doesn't work either. I made a new effect in the effect window. Copiy pasted your line. Dragged the effect onto the Kruthik in the combat tracker. Still hurts the kruthik and not the test player.

Do i have to applie the auras in a different way for the npcs/monsters?
    Well if this is a red faction creature, you don't want foe for aura.

you want it to be
    Code:
    Gnashing Horde; AURA 1 !ally; Gnashing Horde; IF: FACTION(notself); DMGOE: 2
    Again I dont know 4E and in 5E, 1 foot aura doesn't work, but this looks like it should be doing in 4e is a 1 square range. So not sure.

Even that first coding if it is applying it to the creature you dropped it on seems like there is an issue.
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Thread Information