STAR TREK 2d20
Page 11 of 17 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Trying to figure out a way to possibly make this work. "A chill permeates the area and creatures caught within it are vulnerable to necrotic and psychic damage as the negative energy of the zone weakens the resolve of both their bodies and minds."

Quote Originally Posted by DMLars View Post
    Trying to figure out a way to possibly make this work. "A chill permeates the area and creatures caught within it are vulnerable to necrotic and psychic damage as the negative energy of the zone weakens the resolve of both their bodies and minds."
    So lets just assume a few things.

Code:
    Frozone; AURA: 15 all; Frozone; VULN: necrotic, psychic

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    So lets just assume a few things.

Code:
    Frozone; AURA: 15 all; Frozone; VULN: necrotic, psychic
    I was really overthinking this. Again, thanks for the assistance.

Ok, so I went through the whole thread and can't seem to find what I am looking for. It would be nice to have a generic primer of the functional segments, similar to what programming does like Microsoft's site then examples thereafter. It would help the building block portion of the excercise.

That said, I found the one with the Bodak doing ongoing damage but can't seem to find a way to limit that to creature type. All I ever see is Faction types. What I am trying to do is have an aura that does ongoing damage to a specific creature type with no save. Specifically the pillars in the Walk of Bravery section of Descent into Avernus. I did see that IF and IFT work before the Aura but see no examples of that syntax anywhere.

Closest I have come is:

AURA: 5; If TYPE(undead); DMGO: 1d10 radiant;

But that affects all creatures not just undead.

This doesn't seem to work either:

IFT: TYPE(undead); AURA: 5; DMGO: 1d10 radiant;

Quote Originally Posted by Slagmoth View Post
    Ok, so I went through the whole thread and can't seem to find what I am looking for. It would be nice to have a generic primer of the functional segments, similar to what programming does like Microsoft's site then examples thereafter. It would help the building block portion of the excercise.

That said, I found the one with the Bodak doing ongoing damage but can't seem to find a way to limit that to creature type. All I ever see is Faction types. What I am trying to do is have an aura that does ongoing damage to a specific creature type with no save. Specifically the pillars in the Walk of Bravery section of Descent into Avernus. I did see that IF and IFT work before the Aura but see no examples of that syntax anywhere.

Closest I have come is:

AURA: 5; If TYPE(undead); DMGO: 1d10 radiant;

But that affects all creatures not just undead.

This doesn't seem to work either:

IFT: TYPE(undead); AURA: 5; DMGO: 1d10 radiant;
    I'm not sure what a Bodak or Walk of Bravery does, however, from the looks at it, it doesn't matter what faction type, it just matters what creature type.
    So what you want is

Code:
    Name of Aura; AURA: 5 all; Name of Aura; IF: TYPE(undead); DMGO: 1d10 radiant

SAVEO requires an extension made by Kent
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/312...g-Save-Effects

If you want to use BCE, you can change the SAVEO to SAVES, all the rest is the same coding.
    (BCE = Better Effects Coding ext)
    Faction should be "all" on that as it is all creatures not just enemies but were you able to code this so that the save and subsequent damage was at the end of the creature's turn that ends near the sphere?

I'm not sure what a Bodak or Walk of Bravery does, however, from the looks at it, it doesn't matter what faction type, it just matters what creature type.
    So what you want is

Code:
    Name of Aura; AURA: 5 all; Name of Aura; IF: TYPE(undead); DMGO: 1d10 radiant
    Thanks, that works. Now I am looking for making Flaming Sphere... since is an exception to all the other rules that damage is applied when entering the aura and instead it applies when the target ends its turn in the aura it seems a tad annoying.

This doesn't seem to work:

AURA: 5; Flaming Sphere; SAVEO: dexterity DC 14 (M)(H); SDMGOE: 2d6 fire,magic; (C)

Nor does

AURA: 5; Flaming Sphere; SAVEE: dexterity DC 14 (M)(H); SDMGO: 2d6 fire,magic; (C)

Faction should be "all" on that as it is all creatures not just enemies but were you able to code this so that the save and subsequent damage was at the end of the creature's turn that ends near the sphere?
    Thanks, that works. Now I am looking for making Flaming Sphere... since is an exception to all the other rules that damage is applied when entering the aura and instead it applies when the target ends its turn in the aura it seems a tad annoying.

This doesn't seem to work:

AURA: 5; Flaming Sphere; SAVEO: dexterity DC 14 (M)(H); SDMGOE: 2d6 fire,magic; (C)

Nor does

AURA: 5; Flaming Sphere; SAVEE: dexterity DC 14 (M)(H); SDMGO: 2d6 fire,magic; (C)
    So SAVEO (Save Effects from Kent) requires another ext SAVEE requires BCE (OR BCEG on the FORGE)

Can you explain what you want it to do? Because I'm confused by what you are asking but I can throw out some I think you might like.

So according to 5E I see it has an effect when a creature ends their turn in the area next to it, it will take damage.

So that sounds like a 5' Aura and needs to take 2d6 fire damage after a save (DEX) at the end of their turn or take 1/2 damage.

Code:
    Flaming Sphere; (C); AURA: 5 all; Flaming Sphere; SAVEE: (SDC) DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 2d6 fire
    This requires BCEG ext

Flaming Sphere.jpg

So SAVEO (Save Effects from Kent) requires another ext SAVEE requires BCE (OR BCEG on the FORGE)

Can you explain what you want it to do? Because I'm confused by what you are asking but I can throw out some I think you might like.

So according to 5E I see it has an effect when a creature ends their turn in the area next to it, it will take damage.

So that sounds like a 5' Aura and needs to take 2d6 fire damage after a save (DEX) at the end of their turn or take 1/2 damage.

Code:
    Flaming Sphere; (C); AURA: 5 all; Flaming Sphere; SAVEE: (SDC) DEX (H); SAVEDMG: 2d6 fire
    This requires BCEG ext

Flaming Sphere.jpg
    I have both extensions if I am not mistaken...

So unlike all the other spells with an ongoing area effect which is to say that normally you incur the effect of said area when you start your turn inside or enter it during your turn, Flaming Sphere only hits you when the caster declares he rams a mob with it or if the mob ENDs its turn in the area effect (i.e. within 5ft of the sphere). So I am trying to set it up so that any creature that ENDs its turn in that aura will have to save or take the damage.

Does that make more sense?

I guess I only have BCE.

I have both extensions if I am not mistaken...

So unlike all the other spells with an ongoing area effect which is to say that normally you incur the effect of said area when you start your turn inside or enter it during your turn, Flaming Sphere only hits you when the caster declares he rams a mob with it or if the mob ENDs its turn in the area effect (i.e. within 5ft of the sphere). So I am trying to set it up so that any creature that ENDs its turn in that aura will have to save or take the damage.

Does that make more sense?

I guess I only have BCE.
    The above coding should work, I'm not sure if it works with BCE and AURA Effects exts, or if you need BCEG or not. You can check and let me know.

What the above coding does is force a save of anyone within 5ft of the effected creature/icon with the aura at the END of their turn. Now if you push something into them, you would need to roll another save for that AURA effects doesnt really work for that part, you should roll that as you would normally roll spell saves on casting, which this is doing as a bonus action.

Thread Information