Starfinder Playlist
Page 18 of 19 First ... 816171819 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Still use single. Just change the SAVES to SAVEE
    Thank you for your quick response. If I do a SAVEA and a SAVEE with "single", it will trigger when entering the area (desired), when ending turn in area (desired), but also when starting turn in area (undesired).

If I do just a SAVEE with "single", it will trigger when ending the turn in the area (desired), but not when entering the area (undesired).

If I do a SAVEA & SAVEE without "single", it will trigger when entering the area (desired), when ending turn in area (desired), not when starting turn in area (desired), if you leave area and come back (undesired), when a token is already in area when applying spell (not 1st choice, but acceptable (it makes a separate dmg roll for each token))

Again, this is definitely livable, was just hoping there was a method I wasn't aware of since it is a fairly common mechanic in 5e

It is triggering on start because of SAVEA. The sticky aura effect is added on the start of turn. If you don't want that get rid of the SAVEA.

Yes, thank you, that's a good idea. But when I get rid of the SAVEA, it no longer triggers when entering the area of effect. It feels a little "wack-a-mole". Fix the one, lose the other. Unless I'm just totally spacing something.

Maybe this will help. Let's use Insect Plague as an example:

Desired beahavior: Trigger Spell Save upon entry, and when ending turn inside of area, but not if leave and come back in same turn

My first interation was this: Insect Plague; (C); AURA: 20 all,point,single; Insect Plague; IF: FACTION(!none); SAVEA: [SDC] CON (M)(H); SAVEE: [SDC] CON (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 4d10 piercing, magic
    Behavior, as such: Triggers on entry, when starting turn inside area, when ending turn inside area, not when leave and come back

Second interation (removed single): Insect Plague; (C); AURA: 20 all,point; Insect Plague; IF: FACTION(!none); SAVEA: [SDC] CON (M)(H); SAVEE: [SDC] CON (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 4d10 piercing, magic
    Behavior, as such: Triggers on entry, when ending turn inside area, not when starting turn inside area, triggers when leaving and coming back

Third interation (removed SAVEA): Insect Plague; (C); AURA: 20 all,point,single; Insect Plague; IF: FACTION(!none); SAVEE: [SDC] CON (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 4d10 piercing, magic
    Behavior, as such: Triggers when ending turn inside area ONLY

So, I settled on using third interation in combination with a manual spell save & manual dmg for entries to area and first placing effect

Once appears to be a step in the right direction:

Fourth Iteration: Insect Plague; (C); AURA: 20 all,point,once; Insect Plague; IF: FACTION(!none); SAVEA: [SDC] CON (M)(H); SAVEE: [SDC] CON (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 4d10 piercing, magic
    Behavior, as such: triggers on application anyone in the area of effect, tiggers when ending turn inside area, does not trigger when starting turn inside area, does not trigger when leaving and coming back

The only draw-back to the above setup is that it rolls damage separately for all the characters inside the area when first applied. That's definitely better than what I had come up with. Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Farratto View Post
    Once appears to be a step in the right direction:

Fourth Iteration: Insect Plague; (C); AURA: 20 all,point,once; Insect Plague; IF: FACTION(!none); SAVEA: [SDC] CON (M)(H); SAVEE: [SDC] CON (M)(H); SAVEDMG: 4d10 piercing, magic
    Behavior, as such: triggers on application anyone in the area of effect, tiggers when ending turn inside area, does not trigger when starting turn inside area, does not trigger when leaving and coming back

The only draw-back to the above setup is that it rolls damage separately for all the characters inside the area when first applied. That's definitely better than what I had come up with. Thank you very much!
    As it should roll damage separately for everyone affected by it

I think what you mean is it’s rolling damage as soon as the effect is put onto people instead of waiting until they End their turn there

As it should roll damage separately for everyone affected by it
    Oh, you're right. I misread the spell description. Apparently it's working perfectly! Even better :-)

I think what you mean is it’s rolling damage as soon as the effect is put onto people instead of waiting until they End their turn there
    That is what I meant, but that is the correct functionality of the spell

Thread Information