DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 17 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    Thanks again for your help. Tried the second line you posted, still only damages the kruthik itself. The map is set to squares.

For testing i even switched the faction on both tokens (kruthik to green, test char to red). Tested it for the test charakter, Still the same result.

Probably doesn't work in 4e

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I don't know anything about 4e

However, if you want it to stop hitting the Kruthik you can put an if statement in there for it.

Code:
    Gnashing Horde; AURA 1 foe; Gnashing Horde; IF: FACTION(notself); DMGOE: 2
    note "foe" should probably be "enemy"

After resetting the faction/color now it affect both (with either "enemy" or "foe"

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    note "foe" should probably be "enemy"
    Depends on who it should work vs right?

ENEMY = creatures opposing faction (friend vs foe only)
    -Example of ENEMY as if aura effect is placed on each of these types named to the left and who would get the "FROMAURA" is the second part of the list.
    In this case;
    PCs (friendly/green) would be the only enemies "ENEMY" to NPC monsters (foe/red);
    NPC monsters (foe/red) would be the only enemies "ENEMY" to PCs (friendly/green);
    NPCs non monsters (neutral/yellow/faction) would have NONE matching;
    Unknown Creatures/Things (non-faction/blue) would have NONE matching;
    Which means if it's applying it a creature that is of the "foe/red" faction, it will do damage to friendly/green faction only
    If you want it to work on yellow and blue factions along with green faction you would do !ally if applying it to a foe/red faction

So really just depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Terenor View Post
    After resetting the faction/color now it affect both (with either "enemy" or "foe"

I'm not understanding this, is it working?

Not working, but progress in the right direction because it is the first time it inflicted damage on the player.

The Aura should inflict damage to the enemies of the npc/monster (which it does right now) but not to itself or its allys (thats not working, it damages itself).

I've tried all the earlier suggestions for coding Crusader's Mantle. The current code being attempted is the following:

AURA: 30 all; Crusader's Mantle; IF: FACTION(!foe); DMG: 1d4 radiant, melee, ranged; (C)

The effect will apply to a character but as soon as the token moves we get the following error:

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "FG-Aura-Effect:..ts/manager_effect_aura.lua"]:64 getPath: Invalid parameter 1

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BrandoMarlin View Post
    I've tried all the earlier suggestions for coding Crusader's Mantle. The current code being attempted is the following:

AURA: 30 all; Crusader's Mantle; IF: FACTION(!foe); DMG: 1d4 radiant, melee, ranged; (C)

The effect will apply to a character but as soon as the token moves we get the following error:

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "FG-Aura-Effect:..ts/manager_effect_aura.lua"]:64 getPath: Invalid parameter 1

Any suggestions?

I think you want this
    Code:
    Crusader's Mantle; (C); AURA: 30 !foe; Crusader's Mantle; DMG: 1d4 radiant, melee, ranged

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think you want this
    Code:
    Crusader's Mantle; (C); AURA: 30 !foe; Crusader's Mantle; DMG: 1d4 radiant, melee, ranged
    While this is a much better way to write the effect, I'll include a script error fix in the next update.

Entering an Aura

I saw it earlier in the thread, however, I did not see a solution. For Spirit Guardians when placing the aura effect the following code works perfectly for a creature starting their turn in the aura. However with the caster (or creature) moving around causing a creature to enter the aura it will not do the automatic save / dmg rolls. Has anyone figured out how to do that? I am in no way shape or form a coder, and barely understand how the coding works. I am also using BCE. If someone has figured it out, please let me know.

Code:
    AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC] (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)
    If you want it done
    I can do it
    If I can't do it
    I will get it done
    If I can't get it done
    You don't need it done

Quote Originally Posted by Chivalrous1 View Post
    I saw it earlier in the thread, however, I did not see a solution. For Spirit Guardians when placing the aura effect the following code works perfectly for a creature starting their turn in the aura. However with the caster (or creature) moving around causing a creature to enter the aura it will not do the automatic save / dmg rolls. Has anyone figured out how to do that? I am in no way shape or form a coder, and barely understand how the coding works. I am also using BCE. If someone has figured it out, please let me know.

Code:
    AURA: 15 foe; Spirit Guardians; IF: FACTION(foe); SAVES: WIS [SDC] (H); SAVEDMG: 3d8 radiant; (C)
    I have a better coding but I need to fix a couple of issues I found before I post it. Stay tuned.

Thread Information