Starfinder Playlist

Features of homebrew class not being added when leveling up

One of my players decided they wanted to play a 5th Edition version of a warlord. We found a homebrew version that we both liked so I went to work adding all the relevant information to Fantasy Grounds, however it is not behaving how I expected, specifically when trying to level up the class through the character wizard or by dragging the class onto the character sheet. Creating a character with the new homebrew class using the character wizard works beautifully and I can get everything to populate correctly into the character sheet (features, proficiencies, etc.), but I run into lots of issues trying to actually level up the class:

• When I try leveling up the character through the character wizard, it adds the additional HP just fine, but none of the features of the class get added to the character sheet.
    • When I level up the character by dragging and dropping the homewbrew class directly on the character sheet, it levels up the character and adds the the non-specialization specific features to the character sheet, but none of the specialization specific features get added to the character sheet. Edit: Did some more poking around and found that if I create and level the character exclusively through drag and drop method without using the character wizard the features (both the normal class features and the specialization features) get added to the character sheet automatically as expected. It seems the issue occurs when I try to use the character wizard at any point during character creation or leveling up with the custom class.

To clarify, this homebrew class gets access to a specialization at 1st level, and the specialization specific features get added to character sheet during the initial character creation through the character wizard. Long and short, I'm not sure why the character wizard (or just dragging and dropping) is not behaving nicely with this class when I'm trying to level it up. Am I missing something obvious? I've made sure that the specialization labels on the specialization specific features are spelled exactly the same as the corresponding specializations.
    Last edited by CallMeTheFalcon; August 6th, 2021 at 08:35.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeTheFalcon View Post
    One of my players decided they wanted to play a 5th Edition version of a warlord. We found a homebrew version that we both liked so I went to work adding all the relevant information to Fantasy Grounds, however it is not behaving how I expected, specifically when trying to level up the class through the character wizard or by dragging the class onto the character sheet. Creating a character with the new homebrew class using the character wizard works beautifully and I can get everything to populate correctly into the character sheet (features, proficiencies, etc.), but I run into lots of issues trying to actually level up the class:

• When I try leveling up the character through the character wizard, it adds the additional HP just fine, but none of the features of the class get added to the character sheet.
    • When I level up the character by dragging and dropping the homewbrew class directly on the character sheet, it levels up the character and adds the the non-specialization specific features to the character sheet, but none of the specialization specific features get added to the character sheet. Edit: Did some more poking around and found that if I create and level the character exclusively through drag and drop method without using the character wizard the features (both the normal class features and the specialization features) get added to the character sheet automatically as expected. It seems the issue occurs when I try to use the character wizard at any point during character creation or leveling up with the custom class.

To clarify, this homebrew class gets access to a specialization at 1st level, and the specialization specific features get added to character sheet during the initial character creation through the character wizard. Long and short, I'm not sure why the character wizard (or just dragging and dropping) is not behaving nicely with this class when I'm trying to level it up. Am I missing something obvious? I've made sure that the specialization labels on the specialization specific features are spelled exactly the same as the corresponding specializations.
    Hey CallMeTheFalcon, Could you send me that custom class? I am currently trying to expand the custom content features of the Character Wizard and it would help to see first hand the issues you're encountering, and thank you very much for this report.

Quote Originally Posted by FG_Wraith View Post
    Hey CallMeTheFalcon, Could you send me that custom class? I am currently trying to expand the custom content features of the Character Wizard and it would help to see first hand the issues you're encountering, and thank you very much for this report.
    Sure! I was able to export the class as a module and included the file in this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I hate to necro this thread, but I'm having the exact same issue (features not added by character wizard, but are correctly added via drag and drop leveling) with a homebrew class. Did you ever figure out a fix?

The previous developer is no longer on the project. I am currently getting familiar with the project and resolving the foundational issues reported. I have this on my list of things to investigate.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty6583 View Post
    I hate to necro this thread, but I'm having the exact same issue (features not added by character wizard, but are correctly added via drag and drop leveling) with a homebrew class. Did you ever figure out a fix?
    The character wizard has had issues with custom content for some time. The wizard is a bit delayed in advancing for now. Creating a character the manual way still works, provided that the character-building content is worded correctly and follows the same pattern as the official content.

A good thread to follow and read is this for custom PC character creation content in the DnD5e Ruleset.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post432112

These videos are great and still useful.
    Older but still very valid
    Races: https://youtu.be/jYdl0sUYbUw
    Classes: https://youtu.be/rV0vH1eeUZM
    Spellcaster Classes & Archetypes: https://youtu.be/41iLqYUGH34
    Backgrounds: https://youtu.be/dTtaC2Tz79U
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information