DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: MGT2 v1.2.6

MGT2 v1.2.6

Hi All,

As v1.2.5 has been sent to FG and will arrive very soon, it's time to start discussing what the next release will bring.

Note: This may be the last release in the v1.2.X release cycle, as it'll move to v1.3.X when the Traveller Companion arrives. That's going up to FG later this month.

• Task Chains. Add in the Task Chains extension, but extend to allow TC's to be created ahead of time and managed just like all other data*
    • NPCs Optional Characteristics. The NPC humanoids will get the Optional Characteristics.
    • Spaceship Combat. Allow players to roll 'Sandcaster' dice against Pending Laser Damage, to reduce the damage.
    • Desktop. Add Optional Characteristics to the Override button section.
    • Commerce/Trade. I will speak with GregRex and read up on ideas for some kind of automated commerce, adding the initial information to Worlds/Systems

As always, any bugs reported before this is finished will be fixed, unless it's critical then it'll have it's own mini update.

I hope to complete this by the end of this month.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Wow, the commerce/trade is a surprise. If that’s in I will be both thankful and depressed after spending the last few weeks getting my excel-fu up to speed haha.

Quote Originally Posted by HennisDopper View Post
    Wow, the commerce/trade is a surprise. If that’s in I will be both thankful and depressed after spending the last few weeks getting my excel-fu up to speed haha.
    Well you need to think that I just follow the base rules as best I can, where as excel-fu can do almost anything. I know our Government is built using excel.

I'm working on Mail first, followed by Freight, then Passengers and finally 'Speculative Trade'.

Mail

On the Systems/World Trade Tab a new section titled 'Mail' and will have a 'Generate Mail' button. Clicking this launches a new window, where you confirm various DM's that will be used, for example, the Freight DM is used, so that's shown. You drag the PC's ship into it, it then checks for Weapons, also then checks every Crew Member for Naval Scout Ranks/Highest Social Standing DM etc.

The Referee will decide the destination, that doesn't need to be recorded, but can be chosen and the system/world dragged into that field.

Finally, you click 'Roll for Mail' it rolls 2d6 and applies the DM, IF the result is 12+ then it rolls another 1D6 and creates a 'Mail Package' item back on the Trade Tab, this can then be dragged or the PC ships hold (assuming there's enough hold space - as with Mail you take it all or none).

Freight
    Similar to mail, a Freight section will be added, and it will have a button titled 'Generate Freight'. Similar to the Mail system, a new window will appear. A field for the Broker/Streetwise effect will be there, it can be edited by the Referee. Then 3 buttons will be below that, Roll for Major Cargo, Roll for Minor Cargo and Roll for Incidental Cargo. Clicking each will roll 2D6 and then will generate the lots and each lots weight. These will then populate the section on the Trade Tab, like Mail, each section can be dragged/moved onto a PC's ship.

Passengers

Smilar to freight, a Passenger section will be added, and it will have a button title 'Find Passengers'. As with the others a new window will appear when this button is checked. A field for the Broker/Carouse/Streetwise will be there, it can be edited by the Referee. Another field below that allows the entry of the Steward Rank of the characters on the ship.

Then there are 4 buttons, Find Low, Find Basic, Find Middle and Find High Passengers. Clicking each then rolls 2d6, which then populates the Trade Tab Passengers section. Unlike Mail/Cargo these can't be dragged in, it's for the Refree/Players to note, as it's possible they may have just 2 spare bunks and yet 5 desperate passengers wanting to leave this world...

Speculative Cargo
    As with the others, a button called 'Generate Speculative Trade'. A window will appear. A field for the Broker skill will be available and then a 'Create Trade Cargo' button can be clicked. This then rolls 2D6 and populates the list on the Trade Tab. A bit more open and less structured than the other sections (for the moment).

Finally, each of these sections is optional, if a Referee doesn't use one of these, for example, they play using a homebrew cargo system, based on the speculative cargo available, they could turn off Freight, so the Trade Tab is less busy.

I'm working with GregRex on this, he'll be testing it all hopefully.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

That sounds really impressive MBM.
    Last edited by HennisDopper; August 8th, 2021 at 12:38. Reason: General buffoonery

Folks,

I'm adding to the Player Inventory Tab, may do something similar with ships, a new option for Equipment and how it's listed.

Add 4th Option, Stored, Not-Carried, Carried, and Equipped.
    Add filter to 'hide/show' Stored Items.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hot Damn that Inventory change sounds neat. I started making Mule characters for my characters to help manage their inventory tabs.

RE: Speculative Trade. There is a Traveller Trade Tool already written up at https://travellertools.azurewebsites.net/
    I'm saying copy it but tool like that would be swell. I find it quite nice that it gives a description to the kinds of goods being carried and I like that it can give a lower RNG weight to more rare/expensive items. And the folks that work on it may be open to sharing their data they already collected.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Folks,

I'm adding to the Player Inventory Tab, may do something similar with ships, a new option for Equipment and how it's listed.

Add 4th Option, Stored, Not-Carried, Carried, and Equipped.
    Add filter to 'hide/show' Stored Items.

Cheers,
    MBM
    This is a beautiful change. I welcome it.

Thread Information