FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 16 First 123412 ... Last
    There were plenty of holes in 2E. Names AC and THAC0. Non-player professions were another. 3E and 3.5 took care of most of those problems. True20 streamlined it. My only issue with 3.5 is how skills are handled.

What I was trying to get at was, ppl at the time were fine with having 2e and didn't see the need to switch up and have all the $100's of dollars of material become "obsolete" and unsupported.

When 4e is released, you'll be hearing plenty of exactly what you just posted when someone mentions 3e, trust me on that.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

The enworld thread has been updated with more info (release dates and more).

https://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=204119

"Digital Gaming Table, a program that allows you to play D&D using the Internet as your kitchen table, with a viewable play surface, dice rolling, virtual miniatures, and voice chat. Now you don't have to wait for your home gaming group to get together to play a game of D&D. You can still play your weekly face-to-face game, but now you can also play two or three more times a week by finding a game at the virtual table. Or, you might want to reconnect with your old gaming pals who long ago moved away-now you can all play together again on a regular basis! With this package, you get to play at the table 3 times per month."

Looks like the polls were right earlier when they were gauging interest in this. 3 times per month is not going to be much competition for Fantasy Grounds. Most likely if you want more than that you have to pay some subscription fee or per game fee. A good money making part on their end but I think FG will still be healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuha
    now you can also play two or three more times a week
    Quote Originally Posted by joshuha
    you get to play at the table 3 times per month
    Where does the discrepancy come from? Different packages?

I thought it was 3 times per month. And you can keep 'only' 10 characters online at a time.

There is speculation that there will be different levels that you can subscribe too with higher levels giving you more games and more characters.

It also sounds like when you buy a 4th Ed DnD book you can purchase on-line access to that book by using a code from the book. i.e. Buy the 4th Ed of Complete Fighters for $35 and then pay $5 to be able to give feats from that book to your online characters. Something like that.

rv

In case anyone missed it, the release date is May 2008, with two preview books coming out in December and January (yeah, buy a preview for $40 and then buy the real rule book in May ). I'm glad I don't really play D&D anymore.

Previews are for those going to D&D experience in Feb where the first 4th Ed will be played, and of course those who can't wait for May - when the PH releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellock
    Where does the discrepancy come from? Different packages?
    The release is not the clearest on the Digital Game Table:

Quote Originally Posted by The Dungeons & Dragons Insider Package
    Digital Gaming Table, a program that allows you to play D&D using the Internet as your kitchen table, with a viewable play surface, dice rolling, virtual miniatures, and voice chat. Now you don't have to wait for your home gaming group to get together to play a game of D&D. You can still play your weekly face-to-face game, but now you can also play two or three more times a week by finding a game at the virtual table. Or, you might want to reconnect with your old gaming pals who long ago moved away-now you can all play together again on a regular basis! With this package, you get to play at the table 3 times per month.
    Sounds like you get 3 per month and can upgrade to more is my guess.

Yeah, screw that. I'll stick to FG2.

Thread Information