FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last

Ohh.... That had better be a joke.

<grr>

Sandeman
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Nope Paizo and Enworld have all but confirmed it. Boards and images have been taken from Wizards site before they were locked or brought down.

*edit*

https://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=204119

According to this it looks like there will be a D&D Online Game Tabe as well as no OGL, have to apply to licensing direct from Wizards.

If that ends up being true I am most likely moving on to a different system for my fantasy gaming but I will wait until more is confirmed and I read more about it. It seems to soon for me and a grab by Hasbro to capitalize too quickly on the D&D line.
    Last edited by joshuha; August 16th, 2007 at 04:57.

I guess it's high time for me to buckle down and finish writing my Simplicity RPG System.

It is not like everyone has to run out and buy the books though... I for one KNOW that I cannot afford it. Lets see.... Food for Son, or D&D 4E?

Real hard choice. LOL

Sandeman
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Well we also don't know when the actual product would be released. It could be another year from now for all we know and this is just the announcement. We just need to recruit as many people to Fantasy Grounds as we can and hope it flourishes under the current d20 OGL (which can never go away) and more importantly other Licensees.

If D&D Game Table becomes the "default" for D&D players (which it might not if it sucks) I would at least hope Fantasy Grounds could be where every other system goes too.

Too early to worry yet. We'll have to see how the licences work. This just an anouncement.

I wonder if I will actually switch gaming systems? Its not like there are any obvious holes in D20.

Its going to take a lot for me to leave what I've already spent on this version.

Sigurd
    J.R.R. Tolkien wrote, "I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about."

With a bit of luck the whole D&D 3.5ed rules will fall within the OGL when they release D&D4. Then we can finally fully automate it, publish it here on the boards, and keep FG2 to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd
    I wonder if I will actually switch gaming systems? Its not like there are any obvious holes in D20.

Its going to take a lot for me to leave what I've already spent on this version.

Sigurd
    Funny, I seem to recall the same sentiment from gamers when the switch from 2e to 3e was going on.
    Alea Iacta Est
    The Die is Cast!

Thread Information