DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Ahoi. We encountered two issues, one of which forced us to disable the extension for our PC rolls.

1. Critical damage rolls do not double the number of dice (or the dice result). So 1d8+1 turns into 1d8+2 instead of 2d8+2 (or 1d8+1 x 2).

2. This one is cosmetic: Dice rolls done from a character sheet are shown with a leading 0 (zero). So instead of 1d20 it displays 1d020. This does not happen when dice are rolled from the desktop/table.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Ahoi. We encountered two issues, one of which forced us to disable the extension for our PC rolls.

1. Critical damage rolls do not double the number of dice (or the dice result). So 1d8+1 turns into 1d8+2 instead of 2d8+2 (or 1d8+1 x 2).

2. This one is cosmetic: Dice rolls done from a character sheet are shown with a leading 0 (zero). So instead of 1d20 it displays 1d020. This does not happen when dice are rolled from the desktop/table.
    #2 is a known side effect and cannot be fixed sadly.
    #1 - I will need to know a place where it works (ie critical damage rolls double automatically) and then I will test my fix against that. Insta-Dice doesn't interpret dice rolls, it modifies and passes them on. So I would think this would work if it works at all without the extension.

Let me know how I can test #1 and I'll look to providing a fix.

Thanks,
    Jason

With Insta-Dice double damage crit rolls never seem to work, neither automatically nor manually. Manually usually works by holding shift while doing any damage-roll, but with Insta-Dice it only rolls the normal number of dice (while doubling the fixed bonus).

5E Sample Campaign:

Insta-Dice off:

Insta-Dice on:

As you can see FGU tries to do the second roll, but the outcome is 0 (zero).
    Last edited by Weissrolf; November 16th, 2021 at 17:09.

I think I see a solution for both issues. It will take me a couple days to work out my solution.

Jason

Both issues are now fixed in 1.0.9. Awaiting approval on forge.
    Jason

Great, seems to work now. Bonus points for the correct dice symbols now showing up in chat instead of a simple circle. Thanks a lot.

One more thingy: Insta-Dice does not work its magic when the /die command is used in chat.

use /IDRoll instead

Jason

Before I go to length to test this: Does Insta-Dice use anything on top of simple math.random? Do you use a single seed for all rolls or a new seed for each roll?

I ask because Insta-Dice results on my 5900X + Windows 11 are statistically more random compared to results using Instant Dice (math.random using a single seed) on my 9900K + Windows 10 from one year ago. This can be OS dependent (math.random uses rand()) or coincidence, because I only compared two sets of 1 mio rolls (one set per each extension).

Unfortunately rolling via the extension takes longer than expected, aka the extension takes relatively long for each single roll when you try to do 1 mio rolls. So creating multiple or larger sets takes too long for me to pursue.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; November 25th, 2021 at 11:15.

Thread Information