STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Insta-Dice simply uses the non-physics based rolling mechanism already built into FG. So whatever FG uses is what Insta-Dice uses. I'm willing to guess the pseudo-rand on Windows 11 is better than Windows 10.

Insta-Dice, at launch, sets the seed once and does 4 or 5 math.random() (simply for giggles). I doubt that makes any difference, although it is a more recent addition.

Jason
    Last edited by jharp; November 25th, 2021 at 16:14.

I did find one conflict with an ext: The Dice smelter. When Insta dice is active the smelter throws an error.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ice-Jail-Smelt

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I did find one conflict with an ext: The Dice smelter. When Insta dice is active the smelter throws an error.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ice-Jail-Smelt
    Can you give me a screen shot of the error. I've seen a couple messages and want to know what you are seeing.

Jason

@nephranka As an immediate work around you can disable Insta-Dice before you smelt and turn it back on after.

I have a better fix going into Forge but will take up to a day to get approved. This fix simply doesn't allow use of Insta-Dice during the post-Smelt test roll. Once the smelting test process is complete it reallows Insta-Dice rolls.

Version 1.0.10 submitted on Forge to fix this.

Jason
    Last edited by jharp; March 16th, 2022 at 04:10.

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    @nephranka As an immediate work around you can disable Insta-Dice before you smelt and turn it back on after.

I have a better fix going into Forge but will take up to a day to get approved. This fix simply doesn't allow use of Insta-Dice during the post-Smelt test roll. Once the smelting test process is complete it reallows Insta-Dice rolls.

Version 1.0.10 submitted on Forge to fix this.

Jason
    Cool. I came to the same conclusion about turning it off. The error is:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_dice.lua"]:248: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got string)

Thanks for the fix!

Version 1.0.10 is now live.

Version 1.0.10 is now live.
    Cool. Thnaks!

Gave it a run and it still throws the same error with v1.0.10.

Edit: Correction. I had manual dice set to on that caused the problem. If I set the option for manual dice to off then it works as you described. I get vdice for the smelt.
    Last edited by nephranka; March 16th, 2022 at 22:25.

Ok. I see the error you speak of when manual dice is set on. This is actually the same error I get without my fix but the root cause is how the dice jail sets up the test roll. The don't follow the convention that is expected.

So in the case of Insta-Dice I just check for the broken dice roll and set it to ignore it. The Manual dice roll is a SmiteWorks thing and since they are following the convention I'm thinking they will rightfully point the finger at dice jail.

If you exclude Insta-Dice from you extensions you will see the same error on manual roll.

Jason

Ok. I see the error you speak of when manual dice is set on. This is actually the same error I get without my fix but the root cause is how the dice jail sets up the test roll. The don't follow the convention that is expected.

So in the case of Insta-Dice I just check for the broken dice roll and set it to ignore it. The Manual dice roll is a SmiteWorks thing and since they are following the convention I'm thinking they will rightfully point the finger at dice jail.

If you exclude Insta-Dice from you extensions you will see the same error on manual roll.

Jason
    Came to the same conclusion. Sorry for the false alarm but we are good now. Your work around does the trick.

Thread Information