DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 27 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    There seems to be some bug with the Bonus die roll, see first example in the attached screenshot. Wrong die was eliminated. We didn't run into the problem again, so perhaps an edge case.

Also, 7E rules call for rolling only the tens-die twice. But in the second example both the tens and singles die was rerolled.

Attachment 52426
    Thanks Magnimost Ill look into it.
    If you find a repeatable case please do post.
    There have been a few funky issues with bonus dice on the new dice engine...

Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    There seems to be some bug with the Bonus die roll, see first example in the attached screenshot. Wrong die was eliminated. We didn't run into the problem again, so perhaps an edge case.

Also, 7E rules call for rolling only the tens-die twice. But in the second example both the tens and singles die was rerolled.

Attachment 52426
    Hi Magnimost,

I took a look and I think it is working correctly, but in the edge cases it is not intuitive.

The first roll you showed was 60 dropping 50. The first number shows the total accepted roll and the second shows the discarded 10s die. In this case, both 10s dice were 50 and the units die was 10, giving a result of 60. If the other 10s die had been discarded, the result would still have been 60.
    In the second roll shown the results are 32 and 80 meaning that the dice rolled were 30, 80 and 2. The 80 was discarded and the 30 and the 2 kept to give a result of 32.

I hope that makes sense.

Ian

Again here..

Character Sheet >> Personal TAB >> the first text field [Personal Description] permit to user to manage all text related functions (text, link, list and so on) but all the remaining ones no so I am here to ask if this behavior is expected or not..

By the way some of this text field have a checkbox and other not.. so can someone explain me how is used it?? (probably I am missing somethig)..

PS: also in the Main tab of Character sheet is a truncated word (Armour aside of related field box) but maybe this could be just solved of @damded notified patch..

As always thank you guys for your precious support
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

Blog Entries
    Ok queued in the SmiteWorks system is also an update to Spells as per redba bug post.
    Once you see build 2022-04-18 in chat you will have the bug fixes as discussed above.

Ill look into the new ones just posted.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ok queued in the SmiteWorks system is also an update to Spells as per redba bug post.
    Once you see build 2022-04-18 in chat you will have the bug fixes as discussed above.

Ill look into the new ones just posted.
    Beautiful.. damned !!
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redba View Post
    Again here..

Character Sheet >> Personal TAB >> the first text field [Personal Description] permit to user to manage all text related functions (text, link, list and so on) but all the remaining ones no so I am here to ask if this behavior is expected or not..

By the way some of this text field have a checkbox and other not.. so can someone explain me how is used it?? (probably I am missing somethig)..

PS: also in the Main tab of Character sheet is a truncated word (Armour aside of related field box) but maybe this could be just solved of @damded notified patch..

As always thank you guys for your precious support
    I cannot replicate your issue - i just connected to a clean campaign and created a character (as a player) and filled out all the details.

The checkbox is to track which is your key connection as per step 8 in chargen.

Code:
    8 Create a Backstory
    Think about your investigator and write in a few pithy entries for three to six for: Personal Description, Ideology/Beliefs, Significant People, Meaningful Locations, Treasured Possessions, and Traits. It’s not essential to have an entry for each category, but the more you are able to define, the more your investigator comes to life. Use the tables on pages 53–56 for inspiration. Pick one entry and underline or star it (*) to show that it is your investigator’s key connection (see page 45). 
    Note that the entries for the other categories are filled in during play.
    its not a significant rule!

Ive also added Armor fix to the queue - hopefully they might sneak into Tuesdays patch.

Hah! ianmward did the tricky one.
    I am not stingy with thanks and therefore thanks also to ianmward
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

I cannot replicate your issue - i just connected to a clean campaign and created a character (as a player) and filled out all the details.

The checkbox is to track which is your key connection as per step 8 in chargen.

Code:
    8 Create a Backstory
    Think about your investigator and write in a few pithy entries for three to six for: Personal Description, Ideology/Beliefs, Significant People, Meaningful Locations, Treasured Possessions, and Traits. It’s not essential to have an entry for each category, but the more you are able to define, the more your investigator comes to life. Use the tables on pages 53–56 for inspiration. Pick one entry and underline or star it (*) to show that it is your investigator’s key connection (see page 45). 
    Note that the entries for the other categories are filled in during play.
    its not a significant rule!

Ive also added Armor fix to the queue - hopefully they might sneak into Tuesdays patch.
    I create a new test campaign without anything loaded except for ruleset and for me the weird behavior remain..

First Textbox selected and all Text related functionality in mouse right-click radial menu are ok
    First Textbox.PNG

Other Textbox selected and all Text related functionality in mouse right-click radial menu are missing
    Other Textbox.PNG

Is not a big issue but just to report

Thank you damned and also ianmward
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    Hi Magnimost,

I took a look and I think it is working correctly, but in the edge cases it is not intuitive.

The first roll you showed was 60 dropping 50. The first number shows the total accepted roll and the second shows the discarded 10s die. In this case, both 10s dice were 50 and the units die was 10, giving a result of 60. If the other 10s die had been discarded, the result would still have been 60.
    In the second roll shown the results are 32 and 80 meaning that the dice rolled were 30, 80 and 2. The 80 was discarded and the 30 and the 2 kept to give a result of 32.

I hope that makes sense.

Ian
    Thanks for the explanation. Nitpicking and rules lawyering follow, so feel free to ignore

In the first case, shouldn't the UI show two 60s, and just drop the other one?

In the second case, shouldn't the UI show 32 and 82, and that 82 was discarded rather than 80?

I get what you described is happening under the hood, and neither has any impact on the outcome of the roll, but would be correct from rules-perspective and less confusing.

Thread Information