STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 26 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Hi Magnimost

You rolled a 60, 30, 8 and one of those was a bonus die. Its a roll under system. It has handled the dice dropping and sum totalling correctly but it looks like it might have added all 3 when calculating the Fumble. I havent been able to replicate it though...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grimmlock View Post
    There is a typo on the Survival skill for the Military Officer occupation in the Pulp Cthulhu module.
    Thanks. I think that has been fixed before and somehow crept back in...
    Luckily spelling isnt high on the Military Commanders priorities...
    Though Survival probably is...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnimost View Post
    Possibly not a bug but a feature for chases: double-clicking on the Move in Combat Tracker as a player doesn't roll the Move dice, but it does when the GM does. Players have to double-click from their character sheet.
    This is standard Combat tracker across all (most at least) rulesets.

Dice issues have been going on for weeks, we ran into several of these wrong dice roll interpretations in today's session. We haven't found a consistent way to replicate, or figured out what the system does wrong in the background.

screen.png

screenmore.png

screennotagain.png

screenoncemore.png

screenherewegoagain.png

I have more, but can only have five attachments per post.
    Last edited by Magnimost; May 7th, 2022 at 21:28.

Blog Entries
    Couple of questions -

You seem to be doing a LOT of bonus rolls?
    There maybe some clue in how you are doing the rolls?
    What are the exact steps you are doing to make these rolls?

Are you dragging Attacks and Skills to Hotkeys for example?
    This is not recommended in many cases as it will not pick up any changes to the source values.

I need some more info - I can see your posted errors but I cannot (at least yet) replicate...

I have just done
    100 bonus skill rolls
    100 bonus PC target attack rolls
    100 bonusnpc target attack rolls
    100 penalty npc untarget attack rolls
    and all reported ok.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    You seem to be doing a LOT of bonus rolls?
    There maybe some clue in how you are doing the rolls?
    What are the exact steps you are doing to make these rolls?
    The system calls for a lot of bonus and penalty rolls, especially in combat.

In combat some players drag the dice to the monster, some will have targeted it. But we've seen several cases where the bonus/penalty dice report incorrect results even with normal skill rolls, when it's just clicking on the skill level.

I just did a few tens of tries myself, and all reported correctly. Maybe this is a clue: is it possible that players' remote hosts can somehow get out of sync with the GM server, and report incorrectly due to that?

Hi,

Something weird is happening when I try to create new PCs, first some of the auto-population on the main tab isn't working, specifically SAN and Dodge but also there are no skills at all shown on the skills tab although the skill points for the chosen occupation (Artist in this case) are shown.

I have tried restarting the campaign and PC and have downloaded the latest version of the CoC rules etc.

Character Main.png
    Character Skills.png

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to setup some PCs for a 1-shot I want to run tomorrow evening.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbat View Post
    Hi,

Something weird is happening when I try to create new PCs, first some of the auto-population on the main tab isn't working, specifically SAN and Dodge but also there are no skills at all shown on the skills tab although the skill points for the chosen occupation (Artist in this case) are shown.

I have tried restarting the campaign and PC and have downloaded the latest version of the CoC rules etc.

Character Main.png
    Character Skills.png

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to setup some PCs for a 1-shot I want to run tomorrow evening.

Thanks
    I had the same issue and resolved it by going to options, changing the era to Modern, and then creating a new character sheet.
    After that, it should work across all eras, so you can change it back to whatever (1920s?) and it will work.

Thread Information