FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 16 of 25 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Horror on the orient express: Nocturne chapter

When I open this chapter, all I get is a couple of pages, it should be longer than this!

nocturne.PNG

Can anyone help?

Ruleset v2022-11-11 Call of Cthulhu 7e module, Reference Manual. Appendices Equipment Lists, 1920's has a lot of character corruption in the pricing: Ï¿
    Also these entries:
    * Introducing Harvey Walters
    * Step 4: Create a Backstory: Significant People bullet point 5
    * Sample Occupations

Pulp Cthulhu manual: This has similar problems too.
    * Step 4 - Determine Occupation
    * Step 6 - Creating a Backstory: Significant People table, entry 5
    * Culture
    * Equipment Lists
    * References and Inspiration
    TABLE 10 and TABLE11 also have corruption in their titles
    Last edited by sedgetone; December 9th, 2022 at 12:00. Reason: Finding yet more character corruption

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnw0072

When I open this chapter, all I get is a couple of pages, it should be longer than this!
    I have passed on to the Dev who did this one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    Ruleset v2022-11-11 Call of Cthulhu 7e module, Reference Manual. Appendices Equipment Lists, 1920's has a lot of character corruption in the pricing: Ï¿
    Also these entries:
    * Introducing Harvey Walters
    * Step 4: Create a Backstory: Significant People bullet point 5
    * Sample Occupations

Pulp Cthulhu manual: This has similar problems too.
    * Step 4 - Determine Occupation
    * Step 6 - Creating a Backstory: Significant People table, entry 5
    * Culture
    * Equipment Lists
    * References and Inspiration
    TABLE 10 and TABLE11 also have corruption in their titles
    Yowzers!

There seems to be more in the Call of Cthulhu 7e module in the Failing a Pushed Casting Roll example panel. I'm guessing there's more but I haven't got a chance to look further. Has there been a font change or something as I swear I've not noticed this stuff before?

Quote Originally Posted by johnw0072 View Post

nocturne.PNG

Can anyone help?
    Thanks for spotting this johnw0072, I have fixed it and submitted it to SmiteWorks for it to be pushed out.

Please let me know if you see any problems with it or any on the other modules.

Dead Light issues

NB: I don't have a non-FGU version of this adventure so can't check whether this oddness matches the original text or whether there's another error here. There are some cases where I note below that phrasing or diction strikes me as extremely odd, but where one would need to check the adventure itself to know if the oddness was in the original text or whether this was a transcription error.

Story 0.1 - section heading "Converstion Notes" should be "Conversion Notes". "necesarry" should be "necessary".

Story 1.1 Multiple occurrences of "caf" that should be "café". Marys astonishment" should be "Mary's astonishment". The full phrase "Mary's astonishment over for this young woman" is grammatically odd, maybe wrong. ('Mary's astonishment regarding this young woman" would be more proper, I think.). "Marys hate" should be "Mary's hate". "Mary Lakers jealousy" should be "Mary Laker's jealousy". "the Webbs house" possibly should be "the Webbs' house". "Doctor Webbs shoulder" should be "Doctor Webb's shoulder". "strangesmelling" should be "strange-smelling". "bone deep chill" possibly should be "bone-deep chill".

Story 1.2 The "can be found on Page 25" in reference to the Dead Light's NPC stats should probably be replaced with a link to the NPC sheet.
    Same for the "See the Dead Lights profile for further details (page 25)". "Physical constancy" is odd; perhaps "physical consistency"? Probably worth checking the original text. "principle vulnerabilities" should be "principal vulnerabilities". "Euclidian reality" should be "Euclidean reality". "Webbs cellar" should be "Webb's cellar". There probably should be a comma after "At the keepers discretion", and "keepers" should be "Keeper's".

Story 2.0 The "Bound by the alien phrases... sacrificial victim" leader seems out of place on this entry and seems more appropriate for an entry discussing the process of controlling the Dead Light; just a mention that control is possible (Story 1.2, Story 2.5.1, Story 3.0.0) with just a -hint- that a sacrificial victim is involved. Another 'page 19' reference should be a link instead. Another 'caf' instance missing the final letter.

Story 2.2 'caf' again. "rainsodden", possibly should be "rain-sodden".

Story 2.2.0 "middle aged" should be "middle-aged".

Story 2.3. 'caf' again.

Story 2.5. 'caf' again. "Emilias" should be "Emilia's". "single stored" probaby should be "single-storied". "colonial era property" -> "colonial-era property". "thieves attack" should be "thieves' attack". "mementoes" should be "mementos".

Story 2.5.0. "Clems pocket" should be "Clem's pocket". 'caf' again.

Story 2.5.1 "funny smelling" possibly should be "funny-smelling". "leather- bound" should be "leatherbound". It is odd that this story entry mentions a key on Webb's body, while there is no reference to it in Story 2.5.0 where Webb's body actually *is*; there probably should be a Spot Hidden roll mentioned in 2.5.0, but maybe the omission is true to the original. "doctors pocket-watch fob" should be "doctor's pocket-watch fob". "un-emotive" possibly should be "unemotive".

Story 2.5.2 "Emilia Webbs Bedroom" should be "Emilia Webb's Bedroom". "Emilias" should be "Emilia's".

Story 2.5.3 "Doctor Webbs Bedroom" should be "Doctor Webb's Bedroom".

Story 3.0 "one-byone" should be "one-by-one". Another 'caf'. "Doctor Webbs journal" should be "Doctor Webb's journal". Not sure why CMI/CMF are explained as abbreviations but MR (Mythos Rating) is not.

Story 4, Story 5 do not exist.

Story 6.0.0 "Dr. Webbs journal" -> "Dr. Webb's journal"; possibly spell out Dr. -> "Doctor" to be consistent with the rest of the text, or replace previous "Doctor Webb['s]" with "Dr. Webb['s]".

Story 7.1. "dark haired' probably should be "dark-haired". "Webbs secret" -> "Webb's secret".

Story 7.2 "hasnt" -> "hasn't".

Story 7.3 'caf' again. "12-g shotgun" should be "12-ga shotgun" or "12-gauge" shotgun. Oddity: there is a reference to the shotgun not being on his person, but it does not say where it *is*.

Story 7.4 "A shade under 5 tall" should probably be "A shade under 5' tall". "Webbs cottage" should be "Webbs' cottage". "Emilias arrival" should be "Emilia's arrival". 'caf' again. "Sam Kheelham" should be "Sam Keelham". "selfpreservation" should be "self-preservation".\

Story 7.5. "Theres so much rain" should be "There's so much rain".

Story 7.6 "Boltons criminal element" should be "Bolton's criminal element".

Story 7.7 contains a page number reference that should be replaced with a link.

NPC sheets
    Renaming the section from "NPCs - Dead Light" to just "Dead Light" would make it less redundant.

All the NPC sheets including those for the Dead Light itself are missing skill % for offensive combat skills in the combat section, resulting in e.g. Brawl of 0. This is the case even after adding to the combat tracker.

The "Notes" section for "The Dead Light" could use paragraph breaks, e.g. between attacks.

Re: Billy Esterhouse's NPC sheet, "underlying insanityloss" should be "underlying insanity; loss"

The Dead Light sheet list a Build of 1 and a DB of +1d4, while the story entry 7.7 gives a Build of 2 and DB +1d6. Perhaps a conversion issue... STR+SIZ is 160, while the threshold for Build 2/DB 1d6 is 165 in 7E.

I've forwarded to the DLC developer for that product, @MadBeardMan.

Regards,
    JPG

Minor typo in the description of the "Charm" skill, re: pushing:

"overtly flattering the target with a ection" should be "overtly flattering the target with affection". This is only present for the Skill reference; the book text is correct.

Thread Information