FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 12 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    I don't have players that change their char sheets around, so there's no need for the extension for me.
    That is the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Mad Nomad has sent me a copy of his extension. Ill look at it over the weekend.
    Were you ever able to get this working with MNM?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Were you ever able to get this working with MNM?
    It's not currently working for me with either version.
    Last edited by BushViper; February 10th, 2023 at 18:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    Yes. it now shows up with the "Alt" tag.
    TBH, I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't had issues with other extensions that I originally got from DMG and later were moved to the Forge, so checked the whole list of "unused extensions" as well... (I don't have players that change their char sheets around, so there's no need for the extension for me.)
    it’s isn’t just about “players who change their sheets”… it’s about accidentally changing something, which is extremely easy to do. Then, the DM has to fix it 99% of the time, thats IF he kept track of the previous value - was he proficient in this before? was it 14 or 15? Amplify this by all the characters and moving parts of a game… this is why this extension is important and why this functionality is actually baked into other rulesets like 2e ( they lock it down to prevent accidentally breaking things ) - 5e has a very loose u.i. and in my opinion that’s not good.. especially for the DM

Quote Originally Posted by spencerg View Post
    it’s isn’t just about “players who change their sheets”… it’s about accidentally changing something, which is extremely easy to do. Then, the DM has to fix it 99% of the time, thats IF he kept track of the previous value - was he proficient in this before? was it 14 or 15? Amplify this by all the characters and moving parts of a game… this is why this extension is important and why this functionality is actually baked into other rulesets like 2e ( they lock it down to prevent accidentally breaking things ) - 5e has a very loose u.i. and in my opinion that’s not good.. especially for the DM
    This is the entire reason I use the extension. Before I started using it my players would often accidently change something and tell me, but half the time neither of us could remember what the original setting/number was.

Blog Entries
    I have added a new build that adds another variant 5E Trust Issues - MNM for compatibility with Mad Nomads Character Sheet Tweaks.
    There are now three versions that will show up - only select one please!

When it comes to managing player character sheets on the Fantasy Grounds Unity VTT platform, some GMs may be concerned about unintentional or accidental changes that could occur. While adding more extensions to control and prevent such changes may seem like a solution, there is actually a simpler and more effective way to approach this issue.

By creating a backup copy of each player character's XML file before each level-up, you can easily prevent potential issues and provide more flexibility for players to use their characters in other games at different levels. Additionally, having a backup of each level provides you with a way to audit and review any issues that may arise during gameplay.

It is important to note that relying on only one copy of a character's XML file can be risky, as it leaves you vulnerable to losing important information if any issues arise. However, by making a habit of copying a character and renaming it with a naming convention that includes the level and any other relevant information, you can easily keep track of each iteration of a character's build.

In summary, using a backup system is a reliable and efficient way to manage player character sheets on the Fantasy Grounds Unity VTT platform. It eliminates the need for additional extensions and reduces the risk of potential complications.Making an copy of a character is very simple and quick.The GM will have a backup to compare quickly with a backup PC record.
    Last edited by Laerun; February 19th, 2023 at 11:36. Reason: Clarity
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I have added a new build that adds another variant 5E Trust Issues - MNM for compatibility with Mad Nomads Character Sheet Tweaks.
    There are now three versions that will show up - only select one please!
    Thanks for this but I am not seeing the update on the forge.

My mistake. Try again.
    Got it now! Thanks!

Thread Information