FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    It's a simplified version of the phased combat because step 3 is divided into 3 phases: short action, long action, upkeep. Most of the other phased combat systems in RM have around 10 phases instead of just 3. That is what I meant by simplified.

I would like to add initiative point and action point systems but I still have quite a bit of other things to get done before I even consider it. Also it gets complicated when you try to make all of those options available.

Edit: Also both of those systems are possible with a bit of manual work. I've actually helped people on how to implement them using the RMC ruleset.

Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

I Converted my FRP game from 3 phase combat system prior to RMC 2.0 to a 1 phase combat system and even if dakadin introduces 3 phase I will not go back.

Basic concepts
    - If a player was to go Snap Action they add +10 to their initiative
    - If a player want to go deliberate they -10 to their initative.
    - Parry can only be changed on their turn can only happen on their turns.

This has made combat so much faster and still keeping some of the tactical elements of a 3 phase combat system.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    It's a simplified version of the phased combat because step 3 is divided into 3 phases: short action, long action, upkeep. Most of the other phased combat systems in RM have around 10 phases instead of just 3. That is what I meant by simplified.

I would like to add initiative point and action point systems but I still have quite a bit of other things to get done before I even consider it. Also it gets complicated when you try to make all of those options available.

Edit: Also both of those systems are possible with a bit of manual work. I've actually helped people on how to implement them using the RMC ruleset.
    Yes. I know that. I think that the system should change order of characters when round goes further. For example:

Character A (Init 27) and B (Init 25) are going to draw weapons (no shields) 20%. Character C (Init 26) is going to swing a sword 100% and character D (Init 25) is starting to cast a spell. Preparation 180% and casting 75%, totaling 255%.

Characters A and B draw swords (20% used), then they take prepared herb 20%, then they move (use 40% more). Total for both will be 80%. Now... order has been A, C, B, D in CT (based on init). That makes, atleast for my players, it confusing. If CT would change places of characters based on % (but in init order), it would help to understand and follow combat. I am not sure if you got the point what I meant.

I think you can accomplish that now with the Init field if you use decimals for the % remaining in the round at least up to 100%. Here is how I would show someone drawing a sword and someone else casting a spell.
    Init.PNG

Hopefully that gives you some ideas on how you can do what you want to accomplish.

Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information