DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Does the Forge work for FG Classic extensions

Just a quick question that I think I already know the answer to, does the Forge work for FG Classic extensions? Is there a way to manually download extensions you've acquired on the Forge for Classic? Or should it only be used for Unity extensions?

The forge only works for Unity. For Classic you'll need to download the extensions from the forums (if they are available on the forums).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Zacchaeus, that is what I thought but just wanted to check to see if I had missed a manual download option. I'm subscribed to an FGU/FGC extension where the author has replaced the download link with a link to the Forge, and suspected that this wouldn't work for FGC users, so I will post in the extension's thread to let them know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rades View Post
    Thank you Zacchaeus, that is what I thought but just wanted to check to see if I had missed a manual download option. I'm subscribed to an FGU/FGC extension where the author has replaced the download link with a link to the Forge, and suspected that this wouldn't work for FGC users, so I will post in the extension's thread to let them know.
    I would say, keep the versions you have for FGC. FGC is not updated anymore; right now it still gets ruleset updates but the plan is actually that it won't get any updates anymore. If you would download from the forge and copy it to your FGC directory, then it may happen that this version will not work for FGC anymore at some point because of different ruleset versions between FGC and FGU. Normally, you do not need to update any extension anymore since FGC is not updated anymore

(This also mean that it will be more unlikely with time that a new extension also works for FGC)

Good advice, I'll be sure to keep FGC files and back them up just in case. I suppose FGC will reach a point where it won't be getting any more updates and won't change any further, therefore any extensions should theoretically never need updating either?

Quote Originally Posted by Rades View Post
    I suppose FGC will reach a point where it won't be getting any more updates and won't change any further, therefore any extensions should theoretically never need updating either?
    In theory it's already reached that point: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rounds-Classic

But it seems there is the odd update still being applied to some of the base code.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information