DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Bonuses with a min and max?

So I think I know the answer but need it confirmed just so I don't obsess over possibly missing something.

When applying an effect with based off an ability score modifier, is there a way to include the bonus only in a range of said value.

Example; when setting up my smite effects for fiendish and celestial creatures their Charisma bonus is commonly negative. Is there a way to include the bonus with a minimum of 0?

I haven't seen a way to do this but could be missing something.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Post View Post
    So I think I know the answer but need it confirmed just so I don't obsess over possibly missing something.

When applying an effect with based off an ability score modifier, is there a way to include the bonus only in a range of said value.

Example; when setting up my smite effects for fiendish and celestial creatures their Charisma bonus is commonly negative. Is there a way to include the bonus with a minimum of 0?

I haven't seen a way to do this but could be missing something.

Thanks!!
    Max is possible with this extension:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1/view

Dont think minimum is possible.

For smite effects. If you are talking about summoned monsters, check out this module:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-for-PFRPG

Thanks for the reply.
    I see that now in Kels extension (which I use and love). I couldn't remember exactly where I had seen it though and didn't remember that it didn't have a minimum.

I also have dellanx's extension but was looking to have an effect when applying the templates to non summoned creatures of my own creation. I mean I can just edit the effect individually once I put it on them for the few creatures I make up but was just more curious about creating one effect that would apply to any creature despite their CHA score and would be mechanically accurate.

Curiosity sated!!

I actually didn't code any minimum because I thought there is not really any circumstance when someone has an ability while not reaching the minimum amount of "whatever it does". But you provided now an example seemingly, so, I may add it at some point DCrumb provided me the code for his version of max and min, I just kept the max one and adjusted it a bit; probably now time to implement the min one, too

Thread Information