FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I have just committed update that include the latest errata to SWADE module
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Be aware as it is right now the Stunned condition is defined in two different, incompatible ways:

The rulestext on page 106 is still the 5.7 text, but the summary on page 203 got reverted to the 5.4 version.
    The FGU module reflects this inconsitent state now.

As no change to the Stunned condition got mentioned in the Changelog I suggest using the 5.7 version until Pinnacle has stated what the hell they mean.

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    Be aware as it is right now the Stunned condition is defined in two different, incompatible ways:

The rulestext on page 106 is still the 5.7 text, but the summary on page 203 got reverted to the 5.4 version.
    The FGU module reflects this inconsitent state now.

As no change to the Stunned condition got mentioned in the Changelog I suggest using the 5.7 version until Pinnacle has stated what the hell they mean.
    Now is not a good time for us to update at all. FrodoB is herding cats over on this page https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-worlds/savage-worlds-general-chat/61070-change-to-6-0-collected-errors-inconsistencies-and-undocumented-changes

Pinnacle need to tell us what the rules are. That helps a lot when it comes coding them
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Are power points supposed to be reducing as the player uses a power?
    If so, its not doing it in my game.
    If not, that would be an awesome feature to put in, or have an extension for.
    Everybody lies...
    -Dr. Gregory House, HOUSE MD-

Urge to destroy world, rising...
    -Black Mage, 8-Bit Theater-

.My understanding is that it can't be reasonably automated because between shorting and power modifiers its impossible to know how many to points to charge.

Quote Originally Posted by rigerco View Post
    .My understanding is that it can't be reasonably automated because between shorting and power modifiers its impossible to know how many to points to charge.
    Correct. Players decide what modifiers they want and deduct points as required, too much automation coding required for little reward.

I will say I would love if there was just a checkbox and it applies effects on the fly (there is some of that, but it would be cool you could just drag the power over and there were checkboxes under it and it would (say) add an extra die and AP when you did the damage, and uncheck some of them on another attack). But subattacks work, and its not hard to hit the powers effects as needed. So its manageable.

Creating Arcane Backgrounds Edges is broken. They "work" but they don't populate to Powers unless they are linked to a @SWADE Arcane Background (from the Powers tab Arcane Backgrounds list).

Doesn't matter for most users, since the core AB cover most stuff.

They also work if linked to a custom AB.
    For those who don't know, you must manually add this node to the AB Edge in db.xml:
    Code:
    <arcanebackground type="windowreference">
        <class>arcanebackground</class>
        <recordname>reference.arcanebackgrounds.YourCustomABHere</recordname>
    </arcanebackground>
    where "YourCustomABHere" is exchanged for your custom (or core rules or setting-specific) Arcane Background.
    Remember the qualifier ("@SWADE Player Guide", etc) if it comes from another source.
    All the other words must remain the same.

We need an update to the Arcane Background window that allows you to select the companion Edge.
    If it's needed soon, I can write an extension for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    They also work if linked to a custom AB.
    For those who don't know, you must manually add this node to the AB Edge in db.xml:
    Code:
    <arcanebackground type="windowreference">
        <class>arcanebackground</class>
        <recordname>reference.arcanebackgrounds.YourCustomABHere</recordname>
    </arcanebackground>
    where "YourCustomABHere" is exchanged for your custom (or core rules or setting-specific) Arcane Background.
    Remember the qualifier ("@SWADE Player Guide", etc) if it comes from another source.
    All the other words must remain the same.

We need an update to the Arcane Background window that allows you to select the companion Edge.
    If it's needed soon, I can write an extension for that.
    Thanks Mike. I think I tried this but musta got it wrong. I will fix it tonight.

Thread Information