FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 12 of 25 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    REQUEST: Would like to have a sub type added to the type list to include "extension-syntax". To help narrow search field of extensions that enhance or modify syntax options.

Quote Originally Posted by Beemanpat View Post
    REQUEST: Would like to have a sub type added to the type list to include "extension-syntax". To help narrow search field of extensions that enhance or modify syntax options.
    What do you mean by syntax options?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    What do you mean by syntax options?
    I may be wording things poorly but basically extensions that further effect phrasing or wording.
    As an example using Capital Gains extension

"The following syntax additions have been made for effect processing:

[CURRENT(n*Resource Name)] - When the effect is applied this notation will be replaced with the current value of the named resource, multiplied by n. n is optional.
    [SPENT(n*Resource Name)] - When the effect is applied this notation will be replaced with the amount of the named resource that has been spent this turn, multiplied by n. n is optional.
    CURRENT(n*Resource Name) - When the effect is evaluated this notation will be replaced with the value of the named resource, multiplied by n. n is optional.
    SPENT(n*Resource Name) - When the effect is evaluated this notation will be replaced with the amount of the named resource that has been spent this turn, multiplied by n. n is optional......."

example from Skip Turn extension

"Add the effect SKIPTURN (case-insensitive) to any character (PC or NPC) to automatically skip that character’s turn when advancing the combat tracker."

example from 5e Absorb Effect extension

"ABSORB: damagetype This effect will trigger whenever the creature receives damage of the specified damage types. You can include multiple damage types in a list separated by a comma. When damage of the specified type is received, the creature will instead be healed for that amount. "

Let me know if more info or examples are needed.
    Last edited by Beemanpat; January 21st, 2022 at 19:46. Reason: further clarification hopefully

I may be using the wrong word but basically.
    As an example using Capital Gains

"The following syntax additions have been made for effect processing:

[CURRENT(n*Resource Name)] - When the effect is applied this notation will be replaced with the current value of the named resource, multiplied by n. n is optional.
    [SPENT(n*Resource Name)] - When the effect is applied this notation will be replaced with the amount of the named resource that has been spent this turn, multiplied by n. n is optional.
    CURRENT(n*Resource Name) - When the effect is evaluated this notation will be replaced with the value of the named resource, multiplied by n. n is optional.
    SPENT(n*Resource Name) - When the effect is evaluated this notation will be replaced with the amount of the named resource that has been spent this turn, multiplied by n. n is optional......."

Let me know if more info or examples are needed.
    Ah, that is basically about new effects (especially in sense of "tags", I think) So, your wish may be generalised to something like "More categories for the extension type, extension adding effects, extension adjusting the char sheet, theme extension, font extension, etc."

Though I am not sure whether there is a good list for the type of possible extensions

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, that is basically about new effects (especially in sense of "tags", I think) So, your wish may be generalised to something like "More categories for the extension type, extension adding effects, extension adjusting the char sheet, theme extension, font extension, etc."

Though I am not sure whether there is a good list for the type of possible extensions
    Yeah it was just a thought; wasn't sure if the sub-type was a good idea or it might give inspiration to a better one or better worded than "extension-syntax". Thanks for hearing me out. Have a good day.

Yeah it was just a thought; wasn't sure if the sub-type was a good idea or it might give inspiration to a better one or better worded than "extension-syntax". Thanks for hearing me out. Have a good day.
    Certainly good idea Devs could maybe add some tags to the short description which can then be filtered; something like this may also be possible

My wishlist is better information about what is updating.

I see random text string updating from the forge but I have no idea what it is, and no way to find out. Taking this a bit further, even if I did know what was updating I have no idea why it was updating. Is there a change to something that would be good to know about? Did the author add some effect that would dramatically speed up play? Was there a bug fix, random change to theme? I mean who knows.

Especially with big gold items like C&C using the forge it seems like chaos on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post

I see random text string updating from the forge but I have no idea what it is, and no way to find out. Taking this a bit further, even if I did know what was updating I have no idea why it was updating. Is there a change to something that would be good to know about? Did the author add some effect that would dramatically speed up play? Was there a bug fix, random change to theme? I mean who knows.

Especially with big gold items like C&C using the forge it seems like chaos on the horizon.
    This! +1
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post

This is my biggest issue of FORGE over DMsG. Why I still like using DMsG over FORGE.

I would like to know which .ext or .mods will be in FGUs vault files or stay downloaded in the extension files.
    The beginning of any story is a happy accident; the end, a tragic fate.

Thread Information