STAR TREK 2d20

Necropolis - originally by Gary Gygax & Necromancer Games

Is now being kickstarted.

There is even a pair of VTT offers for it (Unity and generic VTT assets)

It’s a thick hardcover fully of maps and illustrations. They are having various handout cards and maps as well.

The last hardcover was an amazing and difficult high level adventure written for d20. The new Kickstarter builds on the original and is available for both 5E and Swords & Wizardry (think 0e with all the additional books added JUST before 1E was released)

It looks great and is one of Gary’s best later works (or best but opinions of course can vary)

Don’t miss this Set*

*Pun intended

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-for-5e-and-sw

Is this the same Necropolis that he did for the Mythus system?

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

I am not sure. The original that >I< know about was the one for d20. But it makes sense it is likely another “system” version because at that point in time he was working on his own rules systems too.

But I have no idea how related it is to the Mythus version. You might want to head over to the FGG discord to ask there.

Oddly (on phone now and gave up) could t find a link to it on FGG site (I got the pdf there to go with my hard copy I found at a FLGS)

Here is another link:

https://paizo.com/products/btpy8ypj?...axs-Necropolis

It certainly looks like the same. I have fond memories of running it under Mythus, and was a very good campaign!

GBFF
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

We just finished a really cool campaign in the Libynos area where that adventure takes place. Or rather half of it was in the general area as we were hired to scout and prepare an overland route from Easter Akados to there. We actually more or less completed it (Bill didn’t run it as he only runs non published stuff for our game - I’d have loved to play in his Sword of Air or RA but…) we have one more session(s) to go but we are all flying/driving in from across the country for our first in person game over an extended weekend.

Right now we started a classic “shipwrecked in Tehuatl” adventure and our “Western” type guys will have to adventure in a totally different land/culture. Much like Necropolis, inspired by real places/peoples.

It is rewritten, and based on Gary’s Mythus version. That isn’t to say it won’t be excellent or that people shouldn’t kickstart it. Just that Gary’s Mythus necropolis couldn’t be tackled by S&W characters of levels 7-9. If someone is purchasing it on the hope of a faithful mythus-to-S&W conversion, I think that specific expectation could be disappointed by the final product (whereas the general expectation of a good adventure absent any “history” that runs nicely on FG would be satisfied)

Awesome, I had not noticed hey dropped the levels to 7-9 for S&W.

I was going to get it to read it since I’ve never run an AD&D campaign past level 10 (one 10, rest 8-9)

I just haven’t had much time with all the work changes and house shopping etc going on. I own the Necromancer Games d20 one only, not the Mythus version. Was d20 also based on Mythus or did Gary’s work on that predate or parallel his work on Mythus? Like Dual-Release?

This was all during my 1993-2015is hiatus.

Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    Was d20 also based on Mythus or did Gary’s work on that predate or parallel his work on Mythus? Like Dual-Release?
    The d20 version was designed for 10th-18th level. This is from the introduction of that version:
    Quote Originally Posted by d20 version
    This adventure has been revised and expanded in order to make it clear and playable in Third Edition terms, consistent with the d20 System. Nonetheless, we have taken great pains to maintain the original content and context as formulated by Mr. Gygax when he first published this material over a decade ago.
    Take the following as purely informational and not a clear indication of how close the new is to the original. The details on the current Kickstarter page indicate that starting levels are 7-9, not that the whole campaign runs at levels 7-9:
    Quote Originally Posted by New Kickstarter
    Necropolis is designed for a party of 6–8 seasoned characters starting between 7th and 9th level and will challenge even the most experienced players.
    Coupled with this comment from the d20 version suggests that maybe they're of similar levels, with earlier adventures (before entering the tomb) being for levels 7-9:
    Quote Originally Posted by d20 version
    Necropolis is best suited for four to eight characters of 10th to 18th level of experience. Obviously, the source material and initial adventures can be used with lower level PCs as well, but no one under 10th level should attempt to enter Rahotep’s tomb.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 30th, 2021 at 17:28.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information