DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Questions about FAUX roll

Is this Faux roll working as intended/expected?

I ask because I think it is not working in my campaign, or perhaps I am just too dumb to get it working.
    When I want to use this feature, it should give me the power of rolling behind a Gamemasterscreen and control the roll for dramatic results. Right?
    I want to put in the numbers for a roll and then press FAUX to get some dice rolling (shadows for the players) so that the players can't tell the difference to a normal roll, but with controlled output on the gamemaster's side (preventing a character death or such ...).

But...
    1. the Faux roll generates "different" numbers from the ones I put in the fields. It just ignores them and behaves like a normal dice roll.
    2. these numbers are shown in the "combat tracker" on the player's side. Wouldn't it be better if the players don't get to see the numbers of the roll, only the result like Hit, Miss, Hit with raise... etc?
    3. the entered numbers are only used if I choose OK, but then there are no dice rolled (no shadows shown in the player's view), which takes away the illusion of a gamemaster roll.

I use FGU Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (newest update) and the following extensions: Beasts & Barbarians
    but I tested it with a new campaign with no loaded extensions.

Oh and is the option to hide the combat tracker to players gone/moved? I can't find it anymore under options.

Thanks for some answers, suggestions, input...
    Cheers and happy gaming.

It looks like there are some issues with the manual dice entry implementation in SavageWorlds (not just with faux rolls). I've escalated to the Savage Worlds ruleset developer.

On the combat tracker, it probably works like other rulesets now, where the players control their own tracker visibility.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you.

I could not find any controls on the player's side for the CT.

I think there still should be an option for the gamemaster to decide what to show and what not to show in the combat tracker. Actually, I just checked and I have the only option I can find activated (Client CT: show stats = off)

I also noted, that when I pull an effect from powers, like "Deflect" (from the NPC card/Spell description to the corresponding NPC on the tracker), it is shown to the players in their tracker. Yes, I can hide it afterward but not initially when I drag it on the character. It takes away from the mystery of magic when everything is shown to players firsthand. But perhaps there is a trick I don't know.

A global switch for showing/not showing effects to players would be nice. The only workaround I found is to hide the NPC then put the spell/effect/modifier on and hide it before I unhide the NPC again. That is very fiddly.

I know that many RPGs are about number-crunching, and min/maxing but I like the storyteller approach.

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this.
    Cheers!

Thread Information