FG Spreadshirt Swag

Questions for changing character sheet labeling

Hi!

I'm currently translating the SWADE character sheet labels to german. Unfortunately I have little coding skills but most of it is easily possible with editing the string xmls and and fit the dimensions in the charactersheet xmls. But I ran in some wierd problem. I somehow can't change the labels of the individual derived stats, the labels for "Wounds" and "Fatigue" damage type and the "Languages" label.

What am I missing? Where can I change these labels? Can anyone help me?

Thank you and best regards

Holgertranslated_character_sheet.PNG

Might be images, like the tabs but that is just off the cuff. I would need to look to be sure.

Okay believe I found them.

Inside the SWADE ruleset, you want to find "strings_common.xml" inside the STRINGS folder.
    It has a large list of Default text strings that can be referenced with the name provided.

Languages line 32
    Wounds 106
    Last edited by Mgrancey; July 20th, 2021 at 13:00. Reason: Updated Info
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Look in strings\strings_common.xml. Languages is common_languages and there's also common_wounds in there, but I'm not sure if that applies directly to the area you're looking at - because I can't find fatigue anywhere in the string resources; but "Wounds" and "Fatigue" are damage types that are registered elsewhere in the ruleset - and I don't think you'd be able to change the names of those without breaking functionality.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It looks like the titles are hard-coded (i.e. not string resources) in the DamageTypeManager global script. You'll have to reach out to @Ikael to see if he has time to modify ruleset to use string resources instead.

Regards,
    JPG

I did it once for the D&D 5e ruleset. All I had to do was create a replacement string XML that assigned new names to the existing labels. I was hoping to do something similar for the Savage Worlds ruleset for a homebrew I'm creating, but from what I read here, it seems something similar isn't going to work.

Thread Information