DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Traveller Community on FG

Hey guys,

I was thinking about starting a Traveller campaign but don't want to invest all the money into the books if the community on FG is small to the point where I wouldn't find anyone if I posted on the LFG forum.

Does anyone have a general feel for how hard it is to find people to play?

Whenever someone posts about starting a game there is usually a lot of interest. It would depend on your timezone and when you run the game, that is the determining factor generally.

I would second John's comment. Much of the interest level is based on timing and availability issues.

As a person amd future GM who has recently 'bought in' I would also not underestimate the learning curve. It isn't as hard as I thought it would be, but there are enough little questions in my mind that I have decided to play as a player first.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I'm not too concerned about the learning curve. I used 2nd Edition D&D on FGU and it was a bit wonky because it was done by one man / small team just like Traveller seems to be. Nothing that couldn't be overcome. FGU seems like it is definitely designed with 5E D&D in mind.

I've read pretty closely the issues/quirks people are having with the current system. It is all ok with me, work in progress and all that.

My main concern was sinking a couple hundred dollars into books and finding no one to play ha ha. But you guys answered that pretty well. Thanks for the advice guys.

Quote Originally Posted by DHRo1970 View Post
    I would second John's comment. Much of the interest level is based on timing and availability issues.
    I agree. There always seems to be a great deal of interest. The difficulty lies in the depth of the player pool making arranging a game convenient for everyone's day/time/time zone a logistical nightmare. That said, as long as you are patient and don't try to rush a start date, most games seem to get off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by DHRo1970 View Post
    As a person amd future GM who has recently 'bought in' I would also not underestimate the learning curve. It isn't as hard as I thought it would be, but there are enough little questions in my mind that I have decided to play as a player first.
    I'm in the same boat, wanting a little more experience as a player before trying my hand as a Referee. I've been looking for a game for months and now that I am days away from a trip that will take me away from home for over a month, the OP's is the second one to pop up that I just can't join.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyInRT View Post
    I agree. There always seems to be a great deal of interest. The difficulty lies in the depth of the player pool making arranging a game convenient for everyone's day/time/time zone a logistical nightmare. That said, as long as you are patient and don't try to rush a start date, most games seem to get off the ground.

I'm in the same boat, wanting a little more experience as a player before trying my hand as a Referee. I've been looking for a game for months and now that I am days away from a trip that will take me away from home for over a month, the OP's is the second one to pop up that I just can't join.
    Yea, it seems to be an older crowd (who are more interested in skill/rp type games in general). It makes sense that scheduling is the largest issue. Too bad you can't make it :-(. I posted in LFP/LFG

Again, thanks for the advice everyone, I pulled the trigger on the books thanks to your advice.

By the way... what is the discord channel?

I actually have three teenagers in my game. Just depends on how you sell it when your looking for players.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viktorthepirate View Post
    By the way... what is the discord channel?
    https://discord.gg/dRCCvhx5
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information