DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Size modifiers have always needed to be added into the attack rolls sheets directly; it has never been automated. All the NPCs in the SRD reflect their size modifiers in their attack rolls per information I reviewed years ago.

Regards,
    JPG

Interesting. I knew you had to manually set everything in the attack rolls on the main tab and just assumed they would be automated for spells. I'll adjust. Thank you.

The issue with the wizard/sorcerer schools has been fixed. Thank you very much for taking care of this.

When you multi-class, the system is not doing class skill/non-class skill cost correctly. For example, If you go rogue at level 1, then you go Cleric at level 2, when you gain the skill pts for your cleric level the system is letting you put a point into Hide at the 1 for 1 cost, not at 2 for 1, it is not a class skill at that moment when you increase it. see rule below for D&D 3.5

From Player’s Handbook pg. 60.
    Skill points must be spent according to the class that the multiclass character just advanced in.

If you are still confused about this rule in 3.5, read abilities like Adaptive learning.

Adaptive Learning (Ex): At 1st level, a human paragon can designate any one of his human paragon class skills as an adaptive skill. This skill is treated as a class skill in all respects for all classes that character has levels in, both current and future. For example, if a human paragon chooses Spot as an adaptive skill, he treats Spot as a class skill for all future class levels he gains, even if it is not normally a class skill for the class in question. Page 44 Unearthed Arcana.

Not sure that is truly a reasonably correctible item. perhaps an option to add 1 or more additional columns of radio buttons for each class skill set, and a way to choose which one to activate for skill increases (a radio button at the top to choose 1 set?). otherwise you need to track on your own during the skill choice phase perhaps.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Skill points calculation issue where it is possible to have negative skill points.

There is an issue in the base 3.5E ruleset with how it calculates the number of skill points a character gets when they level up. When you add the skill points that are gained from the class with your intelligence modifier, and the total value is a negative number, then you can get negative skill points. In the example below the cleric class gets two skill points at level up and the character has an intelligence modifier of negative four.
    2023-12-05_20h18_15.png

You are supposed to get a minimum of 1 skill point as specified in this ruling: https://www.d20srd.org/srd/theBasics...ntelligenceInt

This is the current code for how the skill points are calculated:
    File Location: \scripts\manager_char
    Line: 1903

if nSkillPoints > 0 then
    local nSkillAbilityScore = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "abilities.intelligence.score", 10);
    local nAbilitySkillPoints = math.floor((nSkillAbilityScore - 10) / 2);
    local nBonusSkillPoints = 0;
    if DataCommon.isPFRPG() then
    if hasTrait(nodeChar, "Skilled") then
    nBonusSkillPoints = nBonusSkillPoints + 1;
    end
    else
    if nTotalLevel == 1 then
    nSkillPoints = nSkillPoints * 4;
    nAbilitySkillPoints = nAbilitySkillPoints * 4;
    end
    end

DB.setValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", "number", DB.getValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", 0) + nSkillPoints + nAbilitySkillPoints + nBonusSkillPoints);

I was able to code a fix for this on my end, but I am an amateur at lua so there is probably a better way to do it. The main purpose is to check if the total value of the skill points is less than one, and if it is then set the skill value to one for that level up.

if nSkillPoints + nAbilitySkillPoints + nBonusSkillPoints > 0 then
    if nTotalLevel == 1 then
    DB.setValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", "number", DB.getValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", 0) + (nSkillPoints + nAbilitySkillPoints + nBonusSkillPoints) * 4 );
    else
    DB.setValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", "number", DB.getValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", 0) + nSkillPoints + nAbilitySkillPoints + nBonusSkillPoints);
    end
    else
    if nTotalLevel == 1 then
    DB.setValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", "number", DB.getValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", 0) + 1 * 4);
    else
    DB.setValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", "number", DB.getValue(nodeClass, "skillranks", 0) + 1);
    end
    end

This is the output i get with the updated code but with the same character parameters.
    2023-12-05_20h41_00.png

Thanks for the report, as well as the detailed look and suggested fix. I'll put something in the beta Test channel later today; and the plan is to release the beta Test code in mid-Dec timeframe.

Regards,
    JPG

Last patch messed up party sheet

After this last patch around 12 December, I can no longer change the skill to be rolled in the party sheet.
    Last edited by Elihu; December 14th, 2023 at 07:16.

I've pushed a hot fix to address this. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I've pushed a hot fix to address this. Please run a new Check for Updates.

Regards,
    JPG
    It works! Thanks, good work.

Thread Information