STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Got an error today while my players did level up. The new multiclass class would override the already existing class and give that one another level.
    As I use a dozen extensions and one heavily written for myself, I debugged the last two hours to no avail. Then I did look at the ruleset code and tested without extensions in a fresh campaign.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a new 3.5e campaign
    2. Load the "3.5E Tome of Battle" and "3.5E UA" modules
    3. Create a character
    4. Drop the class "Savage Bard" onto the character
    5. Drop the class "Crusader" onto the character
    6. The character now has 2 savage bard levels.

I've dug until I got into this code which is probably responsible for this behavior (manager_char.lua).

Code:
    	-- Try and match an existing class entry, or create a new one
    	local sRecordSansModule = StringManager.split(sRecord, "@")[1];
    	local nodeClass = nil;
    	for _,v in pairs(nodeList.getChildren()) do
    		local _,sExistingClassPath = DB.getValue(v, "shortcut", "", "");
    		if sExistingClassPath == "" then
    			local sExistingClassName = StringManager.trim(DB.getValue(v, "name", "")):lower();
    			if sExistingClassName ~= "" and (sExistingClassName == sClassNameLower) then
    				nodeClass = v;
    				break;
    			end
    		else
    			local sExistingClassPathSansModule = StringManager.split(sExistingClassPath, "@")[1];
    			if sExistingClassPathSansModule == sRecordSansModule then
    				nodeClass = v;
    				break;
    			end
    		end
    	end
    The modules were created in Fantasy Grounds Unity and exported via /export. As those have copyrighted material from 3.5e shall I sent them to [email protected] linking this thread?
    This was fixed (tested it) in the latest TEST changes. Thank you.
    [5E/3.5E/PFRPG] Class drag and drop would sometimes match to the wrong class for third party modules. Fixed to require name match.

Small one, PF1e module but afaik it's the underlying 3.5e ruleset at fault.

1. Create a new 3.5e or PF1e campaign
    2. Load the module "PFRPG Basic Rules"
    3. Create a new character
    4. Give that character the "Elf" race
    5. See "Low-Light Vision 7" under senses

The 7 comes from the "See Chapter 7." in the module.

You could either get rid of such lines in the traits or catch such cases in the race parsing.

A bug but "only" a warning in console.

1. Create a new character
    2. Put a number into one of the abilities (for example INT: 18)
    3. Create a new spell class
    4. Cycle the ability stat cycler a few rounds.

You get the following in the console:
    [WARNING] setValue: Recursive call terminated for (CONTROL_NUMBER) (dcstatmod)

Though I don't know of any gameplay issues I would be very grateful if this could be fixed because anyone wanting to do something with the dcstatmod could find themself in trouble (e.g. extension dev)
    Last edited by Zarestia; June 9th, 2022 at 16:38.

Thanks for the reports. We will investigate this and may take some time for a fix as an upcoming update will lock down the rulesets for some time.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

I'll get this in the next ruleset pass. It's part of 3.5E/PFRPG/SFRPG/d20Mod.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you very much superteddy57 and Moon Wizard

Hi

As also noted here, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post653325, and in some other very old thread I cannot find anymore, the TYPE conditional does not work with respect to types consisting of two words like monstrous humanoid and magical beast

I've noticed my characters shield equipment items are adding their AC as "armor" and not as "shield".

Spell effects work normally, adding AC as "armor" or "shield" as noted in the effect, but what my player has noticed is they are trying to cast an armor spell and use an effect "AC: 6 armor" and that effect isn't stacking properly with their equipped shield equipment, so instead of equipping a shield they are using another spell with the effect "AC: 3 shield". This gives them the correct total AC as a workaround, but the equipment doesn't seem to be working correctly with spell effects.

I duplicated it in vanilla Fantasy Grounds Unity with no mods loaded, and also had Zarestia duplicate it.

@Trennik,

I had this queued up to look at when I had a moment; and remembered it when responding to a separate thread with a similar issue.

In that case, it was because the ruleset is looking for a very specific set of data to qualify as a shield. (Either Type = "Shield" or "Shields"; or Type = "Armor" and Subtype = "Shields")

What does the Item record look like for that shield? Where did you get the item from? Was it from a module or entered manually?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @Trennik,

I had this queued up to look at when I had a moment; and remembered it when responding to a separate thread with a similar issue.

In that case, it was because the ruleset is looking for a very specific set of data to qualify as a shield. (Either Type = "Shield" or "Shields"; or Type = "Armor" and Subtype = "Shields")

What does the Item record look like for that shield? Where did you get the item from? Was it from a module or entered manually?

Regards,
    JPG
    As I replicated the issue before Trennik posted, I can answer that.
    The "Shield, heavy steel" from the 3.5E Basic Rules didn't work as intended.

After the update from yesterday/today, it works now giving the character a +2 shield bonus to AC.
    The update should make all module shields give the expected values.
    Last edited by Zarestia; August 16th, 2022 at 14:48.

Thread Information