5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last

Thread: 5E - Exhausted

There appears to be a conflict between this extension and Kent McCullough' Automatic Shield Master. Having just this extension and shield master active causes the shield master to not add the +2 for shield on dex saves. No errors just fails to work.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/314...-Shield-Master

Exhausted Enabled
    exhausteden.png

Exhausted Disabled
    exhausteddis.png
    Last edited by 0m0n; October 27th, 2022 at 00:38. Reason: Added screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by 0m0n View Post
    There appears to be a conflict between this extension and Kent McCullough' Automatic Shield Master. Having just this extension and shield master active causes the shield master to not add the +2 for shield on dex saves. No errors just fails to work.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/314...-Shield-Master

Exhausted Enabled
    exhausteden.png

Exhausted Disabled
    exhausteddis.png
    I looked at it quick and its Exhausted, dumb error on my part. I'll get a fix up tomorrow. Should fix anything save related that people are having issues with

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    I looked at it quick and its Exhausted, dumb error on my part. I'll get a fix up tomorrow. Should fix anything save related that people are having issues with
    Thanks. Much appreciated.

Version Update: v1.11
    Fixed: Save mod not working with DnD one additions

Thanks. Can confirm the update fixes the issue between exhausted and Automatic Shield Master.

I've found an issue I believe with this extension. I'm using the One DnD rules, and additional house rules as to when to apply the condition. I noticed that my players are gaining a level of exhaustion when something like cure wounds is cast on them. That's not the correct behavior. I wouldn't expect any levels of exhaustion to be added or subtracted when I spell is cast on a PC with 0 hp.

For clarity, my house rules around exhaustion are, if you drop to 0 hit points, you gain a level of exhaustion, and if you fail a death saving throw, you gain a level of exhaustion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZelieDad View Post
    I've found an issue I believe with this extension. I'm using the One DnD rules, and additional house rules as to when to apply the condition. I noticed that my players are gaining a level of exhaustion when something like cure wounds is cast on them. That's not the correct behavior. I wouldn't expect any levels of exhaustion to be added or subtracted when I spell is cast on a PC with 0 hp.

For clarity, my house rules around exhaustion are, if you drop to 0 hit points, you gain a level of exhaustion, and if you fail a death saving throw, you gain a level of exhaustion.
    I'm not seeing this, are you talking about they are getting a level of exhaustion when they have any cure wounds cast on them? Or only when they go from 0hp and have cure wounds cast on them?

Also the level of exhaustion is added once they come back from being KO not while they are at 0hp.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm not seeing this, are you talking about they are getting a level of exhaustion when they have any cure wounds cast on them? Or only when they go from 0hp and have cure wounds cast on them?

Also the level of exhaustion is added once they come back from being KO not while they are at 0hp.
    When they go from 0hp to having cure wounds cast on them. I think that is the issue. I'm adding one exhaustion level when they go to 0hp, and I guess that's not the right time to add it.

I just tested this again. I dropped an PC to 0hp, they got the unconscious, and prone conditions added to them in the CT. I then cast cure wounds on them, and it removed the unconscious condition, added the appropriate amount of hp, and added the exhausted condition, but it had "Exhaustion; EXHAUSTION: OFF". This is the first time I'm seeing this with "OFF".

So, I guess at this point, I would change "OFF" to "1". That seems reasonable, but I would be nice if it added the condition at the same time that the unconscious and prone conditions were added, even if it just added the "OFF" level as a reminder.

When they go from 0hp to having cure wounds cast on them. I think that is the issue. I'm adding one exhaustion level when they go to 0hp, and I guess that's not the right time to add it.

I just tested this again. I dropped an PC to 0hp, they got the unconscious, and prone conditions added to them in the CT. I then cast cure wounds on them, and it removed the unconscious condition, added the appropriate amount of hp, and added the exhausted condition, but it had "Exhaustion; EXHAUSTION: OFF". This is the first time I'm seeing this with "OFF".

So, I guess at this point, I would change "OFF" to "1". That seems reasonable, but I would be nice if it added the condition at the same time that the unconscious and prone conditions were added, even if it just added the "OFF" level as a reminder.
    One of the updates I adjusted the options from off to Off. Maybe try cycling that options and see if that resolves the issue? In the meantime I'll take a look but that is my best guess at this point.

Version Update: 1.12
    Fixed - Exhausted: OFF was added on heal from dead when option is off and have had previous versions of Exhausted

Confirmed that cycling the options would fix it on the users end but this fix the user shouldn't have to do that.

Thread Information