DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FGU Specific player keeps disconnecting after roughly 5 minutes

Hey y'all, as the title states whenever I try to run a DND 5E campaign on FGU one of my 4 players keeps getting disconnected from the lobby after 4-5 minutes, it doesn't matter if other people are connected or not.
    We tried checking if idling vs being active made any difference but there was none that we observed.
    We tried disabling the "power saving on network card" option but that did not make a difference.
    He is using windows defender and has an exception in the firewall for fantasy grounds.
    I have tried reducing what modules I share to a bare minimum. (and also tried reducing the amount of tokens/portraits i share but then i found out that unity just loads them regardless?)

This is the console log from our test is attached

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Please provide the complete logs from both the GM and the player at the time that a disconnection occurs. Both the player and the GM should use the "Compile logs" button from the console to create ZIP files containing the logs needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Here are the two logs.

A little thing which i think is very common but i'd like to state it in the case it can help: Others get a disconnection notice before the player himself knows that he was disconnected.

Thanks for the fast reply
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for providing the logs.

Both the GM and Player network logs show the same message: "Socket receive operation was interrupted, likely due to the socket being closed" This is indicating that something between the GM and Player instances of FGU is closing the connection. The first place to look should be the player's Internet router - check for things like "flood protection", as this could be being triggered due to downloading data from an unknown source.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

hey there, unfortunately my friends router does not have any flood protection settings that he could find, so i assume he just cannot use fantasy grounds.

They could do some testing - if they have access to another Internet connection, e.g. a Mobile hotspot, they could try that just to test to see if it works. Also, if they have a VPN, they could try using that as a test. This might help give an idea of where the issue is.

Thread Information