STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagrarius View Post
    Hello, sorry for coming back. I posted a message in the thread of the extension, but no one answered... I need to solve this issue before the end of February, for a game Ill run. So, if you or anyone knows what the script error below means (and how I can fix it), I would appreciate. Here are the script error message again:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string"..ons and House Rules:..rise_adnd_op_hr.lua"]:30: attempt to call field 'getCTFromActor' (a nil value)
    Doomsword last logged into the forums on January 28th. So they will probably be back sometime soon. You could try PMing them as they may get an email notification about that, which might give you a faster response.

If you want to try and fix it yourself, you'll need to edit the extension. The error message is saying that there's an issue with the getCTFromActor call on line 30 of a file in the extension that ends in "rise_adnd_op_hr.lua" - unfortunately the file name is reduced to fit within the error message length, but that should be enough to find the file within the extension. Then it's working out why that call doesn't work.

Some information on extensions can be found here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ing+Extensions
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If no one is answering, then it is best to turn off the extension and no longer use it. Community extensions are only supported by the members who post them.

Regards,
    JPG
    It's sad, cause the extension has some good features for AD&D, like group initiative. I'll do as you advise then. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Doomsword last logged into the forums on January 28th. So they will probably be back sometime soon. You could try PMing them as they may get an email notification about that, which might give you a faster response.

If you want to try and fix it yourself, you'll need to edit the extension. The error message is saying that there's an issue with the getCTFromActor call on line 30 of a file in the extension that ends in "rise_adnd_op_hr.lua" - unfortunately the file name is reduced to fit within the error message length, but that should be enough to find the file within the extension. Then it's working out why that call doesn't work.

Some information on extensions can be found here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ing+Extensions
    Thanks for the tips and the link, Trenloe! I'll wait a little more then, before to try to solve the issue by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagrarius View Post
    Hi, I've find this extension very useful, in special for the options of Group Initiative, but there is some issue with suprise checks when I try them. The following log appears to me:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string"..ons and House Rules:..rise_adnd_op_hr.lua"]:30: attempt to call field 'getCTFromActor' (a nil value)

Can you help me to solve it? Thank you!
    I believe this is one of Sterno's extensions. I dont think he is maintaining them anymore but you could ask in his thread.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I don't think that one is mine. Most of my files end in _po. I don't have any that end in adnd_op_hr.lua.

Thread Information