5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Problems with pointer distance changing with grid visibility

Hey all,

Just noticed I'm having problems with incorrect distance being displayed for pointers when I have the in-game grid set. I have to turn the grid visibility off to get it to display the correct distance.

FG Hex On.jpg

Here is the same pointer with the grid turned off.

FG Grid off.jpg

I'm running Unity, GURPS game, no addons. Map size is 5000 x around 4600 pixels, grid size is set to 50x50.

Thanks, I've filed a ticket to look at it.

Can you please take a quick clipping of the grid settings for that image in the image data panel?

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to House of Healing

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sure.
    grid settings.jpg
    I just found there is no issue in Rolemaster Classic, so wonder if this is specifically for the GURPS game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansquatch62 View Post
    Sure.
    grid settings.jpg
    I just found there is no issue in Rolemaster Classic, so wonder if this is specifically for the GURPS game?
    I am unable to reproduce this. Can you provide a copy of the affected campaign? Thanks.

I have replicated this myself on a square grid. If I measure East-West with a pointer for, say, 120', the pointer is accurate on a 5-foot grid. If I measure North-South with a pointer for 120', the pointer is again accurate on a 5-foot grid.

If I measure diagonal, it is NOT accurate, as the linked image will indicate. If I draw a circle with circumference 120', the diagonal pointer extends well-beyond the border, measuring 120-feet East-West AND/OR 120-feet North-South.

Measurement.png

NOTE: This ONLY occurs if "Show Raw Distance" is UNCHECKED. If I Check "Show Raw Distance", then the measurement tool is accurate.

Is this supposed to function this way, or is this an oopsy?

Quote Originally Posted by dmmilner View Post
    I have replicated this myself on a square grid. If I measure East-West with a pointer for, say, 120', the pointer is accurate on a 5-foot grid. If I measure North-South with a pointer for 120', the pointer is again accurate on a 5-foot grid.

If I measure diagonal, it is NOT accurate, as the linked image will indicate. If I draw a circle with circumference 120', the diagonal pointer extends well-beyond the border, measuring 120-feet East-West AND/OR 120-feet North-South.

Measurement.png

NOTE: This ONLY occurs if "Show Raw Distance" is UNCHECKED. If I Check "Show Raw Distance", then the measurement tool is accurate.

Is this supposed to function this way, or is this an oopsy?
    See my response to your first post about this here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post612923

Please don't post multiple times about the same issue. It results in a lot of wasted time for everyone.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information