DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to add Starting Weapons to Inventory?

Hi everyone

First of all - sorry if this is the wrong place to ask or if it's been asked before - I looked through FAQs and videos and could not find anything.

I am creating a character for the first time in FGU and the weapons i select in "Starting Weapons" as part of my class are not showing up anywhere.

I can later add any weapons that will show up in my inventory and equip them no problem, but the starting weapons I chose seem to evaporate when I click "Save" on my character.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Welcome

What ruleset? If 5E, are you using the character wizard? I think the character wizard only supports starting equipment for official classes (or core classes?) and not homebrew ones if your DM has modified them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Welome to FG.

Are you seeing this on a particular class?

As you can see from my test character starting equipment is noted in the Inventory. Note that in addition to homebrewed classes not being supported the Basic Rules and SRD aren't either. So you'll only see such things if you are using the PHB or one of the other official books such as Xanathar and Volo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Welome to FG.

Are you seeing this on a particular class?

As you can see from my test character starting equipment is noted in the Inventory. Note that in addition to homebrewed classes not being supported the Basic Rules and SRD aren't either. So you'll only see such things if you are using the PHB or one of the other official books such as Xanathar and Volo.
    I saw this along multiple classes I tried. I only used basic classes, not homebrewed or anything.

I can select the starting equipment, much like the inventory you showed - but after saving my character and selecting the "Inventory" or "actions" tab in my character sheet there are no weapons inside.

Are you using the Player's Handbook? As I noted above this doesn't work with the Basic rules or the SRD - it will allow you to select the various weapons etc but it doesn't actually add them to the character sheet. It only works properly if you are using the Player's Handbook.

If you are using the PHB then possibly an extension is the cause. Test in a new campaign without any extensions loaded.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I think I am but not 100% sure I will have to check with my friend and report back. Thank you for the help!

Thread Information