FG Spreadshirt Swag

Ship Management and Set Up Tutorial

The subtitle of this thread should be "DHRo - 0, Bucket of Hammers -1"

Hi everyone,

The short version of my request is: "Is there a tutorial to help me understand the mechanics of ships in the FGU system?"

All the gory details: I got my rule sets and FGU up and running and I am working through the various functions. My regular group, about as tech savvy as the afore mentioned bucket, will be relying on my to walk them through all of the mechanics. I have cruised around the forum, and managed to figure out a couple of things, but I am still a bit lost.

A good part of this is my learning a new system, and is on me. I recognize that I 'don't know what I don't know' yet and I don't have a good resource or tutorial to go and view to see how it is done. Rather than play 20 questions with everybody on the forum, is there a you tube video or write up on how this all works?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The Spacecraft mechanics are being changed a lot during the updates at the moment, so there's no real tutorial (as it would be outdated almost instantly).

It's being moved to work almost the same as SFRPG, but it's not as finished.

You can:

Create a PC Ship, using the PC Ship Tab. Add a new ship, drag the NPC ship you want this ship based on, or enter the various details
    Drag that PC Ship into the Ships Tab on the Party Sheet
    Drag that PC Ship into the Ships Combat Tracker

Once the ship is part of the Party Sheet list, you can drag PC into the Crew, this will allow them to roll actions on their own PC sheet during Combat etc.

During SCT, Enemy ships can attack PC ships (and other ships) same as the normal CT. Armour is taken into account, Radiation attacks are, so you see Hull Damage etc.

Best check the v1.2.X threads, they contain full release notes of all the mechanics of Ships.

v1.2.5 is currently being worked on and hope to have it complete in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thanks for the pointers and the hard work. Both are appreciated.

This is great... thanks! We get in A LOT of space battles
    Thank you for your hard work on this.

Savoy

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi,

The Spacecraft mechanics are being changed a lot during the updates at the moment, so there's no real tutorial (as it would be outdated almost instantly).

It's being moved to work almost the same as SFRPG, but it's not as finished.

You can:

Create a PC Ship, using the PC Ship Tab. Add a new ship, drag the NPC ship you want this ship based on, or enter the various details
    Drag that PC Ship into the Ships Tab on the Party Sheet
    Drag that PC Ship into the Ships Combat Tracker

Once the ship is part of the Party Sheet list, you can drag PC into the Crew, this will allow them to roll actions on their own PC sheet during Combat etc.

During SCT, Enemy ships can attack PC ships (and other ships) same as the normal CT. Armour is taken into account, Radiation attacks are, so you see Hull Damage etc.

Best check the v1.2.X threads, they contain full release notes of all the mechanics of Ships.

v1.2.5 is currently being worked on and hope to have it complete in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks,
    MBM

Heya guys,

Although I was able to do this before, I now do not seem to be able to add a ship the PC's Party Sheet. I have created the ship in mind, but when I drag into the ship portion of the Party and Ship sheet - it does not take. I was able to get this to work before - but now I am flummoxed.

Thoughts?

Heya everyone - G-Rex saved my bacon on the FG-University discord channel. In the spirit of helping the next person who runs into this, here is what happened.

I tried to drag a ships TAS tag from the list of spacecraft directly into the list of PCscraft. This does not work. One must hit the green 'add record' button first, then drag the TAS tag into the open vessel record. Then everything works fine.

Try not to laugh at me when reading this.

DR
    Last edited by DHRo1970; August 1st, 2021 at 15:38. Reason: poor English

Thread Information