DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    If the reason should be to check if all the modifiers have been correctly applied, well, I think it could be more convenient to invest programming time in enhancing the corrrect application of such modifiers (correcting/limiting such system errors?)..

If the reason to structure the combat in the (above) 2 steps is to give to the player a chance to decide if and how many optional special abilities to involve, well, it could be a plausible reason to make two steps..

I guess that the main reason to structure the combat in the (above) 2 steps - in most of FGU rulesets - is (was) to reproduce what happens in the real gaming table (in presence): a player makes 2 rolls in real life/game, just that.
    In the RMC ruleset, there are two rolls. The difference is the first roll in RMC is to hit and determines damage. The second is to determine the critical so it is similar to other rulesets in that sense.

It currently allows you to make adjustments to modifiers, etc. like you mention. In order to be able to do that you need to stop at some point. That is why you have to click Resolve since how do you do that when you have multiple targets or rolls to resolve at the same time? If you don't stop to do that and the wrong critical result is applied then cleaning that up takes quite a bit of time.

My point is that FGU could go beyond this 'traditional' structure: since it's a programme, it could speed up all the calculations/steps!
    I (we?) play rpgs to tell stories, not to make algebra exercises..
    It already does that. I think you are assuming that all these steps take a long time. RM combats outside of FG can take hours to do a few rounds depending on the number or people in the combat. With FG, I can do the same thing in a small fraction of the time it would take any other way.

The other thing that I think you might be missing is that it isn't about just finding the correct critical table. There are multiple types of tables in RM that just resolve around the table resolver: attack, critical, fumble, movement maneuvers, resistance rolls, etc. Each of those tables has different requirements to get the appropriate value needed. Then there are the exceptions that can happen with the critical tables like when you have critical reduction or use the large or super large critical tables for an NPC. Just implementing the Apply button to speed that up took quite a bit of effort and I still haven't got all the possibilities to work. So it is quite a bit of work and when I looked into it when you first brought it up there were even more complications than I originally thought.

Would I like to add it as an option for a GM that wants to run things that way? Definitely but it isn't as simple as it is in other rulesets because of how RM works. It is just different. I don't know if you can modify the critical tables in DCC but if you can then can't you just add some of the RM results to that so you have what you want?

Dakadin

Galdor, you want what you want, I'm happy with what we currently have, so I would object to the implementation of your suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    I think you are assuming that all these steps take a long time. RM combats outside of FG can take hours to do a few rounds depending on the number or people in the combat.
    I know that, thank you. You maybe missed what I wrote some posts earlier: you made an amazing job on RMC ruleset
    I simply think it could be improved even more..

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Would I like to add it as an option for a GM that wants to run things that way? Definitely but it isn't as simple as it is in other rulesets because of how RM works. It is just different.
    Understood. I just hope that one day you will be able to improve that, not for me, but for everyone looks for the automatons/speed-up I underlined.
    If/when you'll do it, I will buy RMC ruleset for sure
    Last edited by Galdor; January 29th, 2022 at 23:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    I know that, thank you. You maybe missed what I wrote some posts earlier: you made an amazing job on RMC ruleset
    I simply think it could be improved even more..

Understood. I just hope that one day you will be able to improve that, not for me, but for everyone looks for the automatons/speed-up I underlined.
    If/when you'll do it, I will buy RMC ruleset for sure
    I didn't miss it and I do appreciate it. I just wanted to explain why it is more complicated than it would seem.

Thread Information