5E Character Create Playlist

UK-based, looking to join a group: Please check me out

Hi,
    Love to join an enthusiastic group of players in similar timezone to me. I'm solid and reliable guy who turns up to the games I've committed to. A bit more about me so you know if I might suit your group/campaign:

Time Zone: GMT +1 or GMT 0

Day(s) of week, Saturday and Sunday evenings preferred - but at a bit of a stretch I can do Mon-Thurs 7pm and alternative Fridays.

Term: One shots, but hope to find a longer game if possible

Game System Preferred: DCC (Lankhmar), D&D (if gritty/ dark), WFRP 4th Ed, Cthulhu, Alien RPG, SOTDL, I'm also interested in Traveller, Cyberpunk and Vampire (never played these). And happy to learn others if they look interesting.

Game System Experience: Used to DM in my teens (D&D Basic/Expert) in the Known World/Mystara setting. But being a player is pretty new to me. Played some 3.5 about 20 years ago. But now I've got started with CofC, WFRP 4th Ed, DCC and Alien RPG.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Played a couple of one shots so far.

Character Type Preferred: Used to go the ‘knowledge is power’ route, trying to tap into some aspect of the power hierarchy of the game world - mage, spy, scholar, cleric etc. But recently I've really enjoyed playing more of a hard man.

About me: I'm hoping to become part of a steady group of players. Not so interested in old fashioned dungeon hacking or shiny heroic D&D. Prefer something gritty and noir, with a mix of political peril and monstrous horror (e.g. settings with political tyranny, criminal underworlds, sinister cults and malicious cosmic powers). I like books such as Glen Cooke, Black Company; Scott Lynch's Lies of Locke Lamora; Joe Abercrombie's First Law series and I like settings like The Old World, Lankhmar, Freeport, Midnight, Shadow of Demonlord and Call of Cthulhu.

Love to meet up with a group who are interested in something similar
    Last edited by GruberMcPhisto; July 4th, 2021 at 17:31.

We are a group of four who are currently embroiled in a long term Warhammer Fantasy campaign (2nd Ed. with some 4th Ed. flavourings). Stories tend to be in the low fantasy mould, grim and perilous with a heavy emphasis on conspiracies, cults and horror. We are very roleplaying heavy, very rare to break characters during a session although that’s not to say we are all super serious, there’s laughter during each chapter, and always a bit of chat before and invariably a post session analysis after. May be your thing but I get it if not. Just putting it out there though so if it is of interest, drop me a line.
    All the very best
    Mike

Hi Mike,
    Just got your message. Old World Warhammer is the setting I'm most interested in. Been reading a lot on it in last few months. Your game sounds right up my street. When do you play and how often? Very interested
    Mark

We are a group of four who are currently embroiled in a long term Warhammer Fantasy campaign (2nd Ed. with some 4th Ed. flavourings). Stories tend to be in the low fantasy mould, grim and perilous with a heavy emphasis on conspiracies, cults and horror. We are very roleplaying heavy, very rare to break characters during a session although that’s not to say we are all super serious, there’s laughter during each chapter, and always a bit of chat before and invariably a post session analysis after. May be your thing but I get it if not. Just putting it out there though so if it is of interest, drop me a line.
    All the very best
    Mike

Im also looking for a D&D group. If you find something, let me know

Thread Information