FG Spreadshirt Swag

Dragging Table Roll Button into Hotbar Issue

Exact detailed steps to reproduce the error:

1. Create a table with a range that is coverable with a combination of any dice used in that module (e.g.: D&D 5e has 1d4, 1d6, 1d10, etc.)
    2. Drag the Roll button of that table to the hotbar and confirm that it works.
    3. Modify the table such that the range can no longer be replicated with a die used in the module (e.g.: 1d12 in Cypher System, 1d5 in D&D 5e)
    4. Drag the roll button for the modified table into the hotbar.
    5. Note the popup for the new hotbar item has [dX=Z], where X is the base of the table's range and Z is some integer in that range.
    6. Use the hotbar button. The rolled result will always be the same.

This static result doesn't apply to subtables. If there is a subtable linked to the static result of the top-level table die roll, even if the subtable's range can't be rolled with a die used in the module, it's values will still be randomized accordingly.

Using /rollon [TABLENAME] is confirmed workaround.

Operating system (Mac OS 10.15, Windows 10, etc)

Windows 10

Ruleset(s) you are experiencing the issue(s) in

D&D 5e and Cypher System (Numenera)

What modules do you have loaded? Are any of these DLC from sources other than the FG Updater? (i.e. manually migrated or 3rd party content)

DMG, PHB for D&D, Nothing for Cypher System.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is working for me. Make sure that you clear the slot before dragging in the amended table.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Capture.PNG

Just tried it again. The attached image is the sort of result I get from it.

Ah, ok. I can reproduce. I think what I was doing was dragging into quickbar before the table had finished being edited properly and so it still thought it was a d6 rather than a d5. Yes, you are correct. Rolling a non standard dice from the quickbar does not work correctly. Something in the back of my mind tells me I knew that this was the case and that it's a known issue. But that may be imagination.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    When you drag something in to the hotbar many times it creates an object there - its not always strictly a link to the original item - attacks and saves are like this too.
    When you roll on a table using something other than a defined dice it uses a random number generator.
    Unfortunately for tables when it creates that object it also has its random seed included so you get the same roll every time.

Thread Information