DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Can I retrieve and reuse old material?

Hi FG gurus. Here's my latest challenge. I don't know if it can be solved but would love to if it could.
    Last year I was running a campaign in Savage Worlds on FG Classic. Due to life as it's been, our group went dormant. Now, about 8 months later we are looking at reactivating it, but with FG Unity, and with a different game system, Conan 2d20. The thing is, there were many notes that I had created in FG, such as story and encounter details that I would like to retrieve and reuse without having to completely re-write them. Is this possible? And if so, how can I do it? Obviously, certain aspects are necessarily going to have to be new, such as characters, but lots of the main body, maps, especially story elements aren't rules system specific. Crossing my fingers. Please help!

Caratacus

You can export to a module from your original campaign and then use this extension to open it in your new campaign https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...dule-Extension
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OK, now the challenge I forgot to mention is that I no longer can access FG Classic, it was a discontinued subscription, and I now have paid for a full Unity license. I like to keep things complicated.

Blog Entries
    Have you tried running FGC in demo mode? I don't remember if it allows you to export to a module from it or not.

But, if not, you can still migrate your entire campaign to FGU, export from there into a module and then open that in your new campaign. See; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ampaign-to-FGU

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Open the db.xml and copy the notes section.
    Create a new blank campaign with a single note entry and close FGU.

Edit the new db.xml and copy the notes in.

Thread Information