Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Bolo alert!!!

Bolo alert!!!

Current Discord Name: xxxxxx

Just an FYI for all potential players for this DM.

He upgrades his adventures with higher level content, without giving a "LOGICAL" win for the players. (4 Intellect Devourers vs 4 Players, No way to run away.. Oh we were 2nd and 3rd level..)

He Bad mouths anyone who leaves his campaigns.. constantly.

I recently sent him a message giving him constructive criticism (this was after we lost 8+ chars in around 10 sessions) and this is the transcript:

[NITE] xxxxxxxxxxx— Today at 8:31 PM
    I think you have given up on our group and I guess I have too, but I think you need to hear some things as a dm that I was afraid to say when I was a group member.

First.. Quit being so paranoid, not everyone is out to get you. I was never anything but a friend to you, yet sometimes you made me feel like I was being interrogated by the police rather than talking to a friend.

Second, Yes, A walk in the park is boring, no one wants their campaign to be too easy, but too hard is just as bad, if you are losing a character every gaming session, maybe you should look at your difficulty settings and scaling them back a little.

Also part of that.. some monsters...... while having the "same" difficulty level as others.. are by far.. harder.. especially for a low level party. A Level 2 kobold, that only has a spear and shield (cr2) is not the same difficulty as a (also cr2) intellect devourerer that can insta-kill a party member in 2 rounds.

Third, be flexible, not everyone can be there for every gaming session, especially if you are dealing with an online group. Life is what it is.

I absolutely loved being a player in your group and I wish you the best in your future endeavors as a DM.. I hope you can take my constructive criticism as what it is, helpful tips to make your future sessions more fun for you and your group.

xxxxxxxxxx— Today at 9:58 PM
    I don't agree with any of that as far as DnD. You all played like beginners running into rooms and NOT ever thinking outside the box. All those situations were survivable. I will not change my style and have started making plans to start another group.

You were pretty rough to get to know imo, even super emotional and crying, screaming, way to over the top for me. Being drunk 99% of the time was exhausting and didn't help to boot. As far as friends never thought we had reached that level, especially when you took up with those three in the other Discord. Showed me a lot there. So yeah, I don't need or want your critiques. I'm a grown man not a boy. So grow up and take care yourself.

Instead of taking the constructive criticism this DM that I thought was a friend attacked me emotionally and mentally.. Please be advised.
    Last edited by damned; June 27th, 2021 at 04:34.

Blog Entries
    Everyone has different playing styles.
    Please do not take to a public forum to air your grievances.
    Just look for a new group or start your own.

Thread Information