5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Hm, I don't think I do have that extension though.. I did try it once but deleted it soon after because I didn't really need it and again it never gave any issues back on FGC... why would an extension I don't have anymore give problems now on fgu?

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    While testing, I ran FGU with zero extensions loaded, it still overwrote my db so it's not about extensions anymore.
    To be accurate, the issue is caused by at least one extension.

The image below is a portion of your db.xml file, with just the first level of data shown. All of the entries up to <battle> are from extensions - that's over 13,400 lines of data from extensions. And... the error is at line 13,176 - in the data added by extensions.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 24th, 2021 at 22:01.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    ...and again it never gave any issues back on FGC...
    You keep mentioning this, it's really not helping; you need to realise that some things changed in FGU and you need to run FGU compatible data and extensions.

Try this db.xml file in FGU: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zarcm1w216zx2n3/db.xml?dl=0

And go through all of your extensions and made sure that you are running versions that are compatible with FGU, and with each other.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 24th, 2021 at 22:01.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

okay but it still gives errors even with zero extensions loaded?
    Also I don't even have that file anymore (same for the OLE extensions, they don't work on FGU at all, those with "MJB")

So the thing is: What should I do? Delete all those lines from the db?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You keep mentioning this, it's really not helping; you need to realise that some things changed in FGU and you need to run FGU compatible data and extensions.

Try this db.xml file in FGU: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zarcm1w216zx2n3/db.xml?dl=0

And go through all of your extensions and made sure that you are running versions that are compatible with FGU, and with each other.
    IT WOOORKS Q____Q How did you do?! (now saving it up and trying to load it with a few extensions at a time)

You're welcome.

And I still thank you and will probbaly worship you... what was the actual fix? Did you have to delete things? (but the file looks larger than before)

I got it to work by deleting everything from line 13106 up to just before <battle>. So I assume Trenloe did something similar.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I deleted the section where the error was - as indicated by the line number in the error message.

I love you, guys Q_Q you just saved a world

Thread Information