STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ApesAmongUs View Post
    Yea, I won't say it's unplayble, but it is incredibly hard to use. Going into a game now with over 70 participants and it is an absolute mess.
    Yeah, 70 people in the CT is a mess, in ANY situation. Imagine if you did that around at table with dice.....

Its been explained why it was removed and the newest version in Test helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Yeah, 70 people in the CT is a mess, in ANY situation. Imagine if you did that around at table with dice.....

Its been explained why it was removed and the newest version in Test helps a lot.
    10 riflemen > grab and roll 10 d6, maybe split them into 2 groups of 5 if there are multiple targets > maybe 2 hit if the players remembered to use cover. It's about as fast as using FG, since FG doesn't allow for rolling a whole group at the same time. Sure, you can grab the die for one guy and duplicate it, but it ignores the individual targeting of the members of the group.

I have 6 PCs who normally travel with a team of mercenaries. 70 is above normal, but not extreme. Although, setting up the map like that was enough to make them abandon the idea of a full frontal assault.

Quote Originally Posted by ApesAmongUs View Post
    10 riflemen > grab and roll 10 d6, maybe split them into 2 groups of 5 if there are multiple targets > maybe 2 hit if the players remembered to use cover. It's about as fast as using FG, since FG doesn't allow for rolling a whole group at the same time. Sure, you can grab the die for one guy and duplicate it, but it ignores the individual targeting of the members of the group.

I have 6 PCs who normally travel with a team of mercenaries. 70 is above normal, but not extreme. Although, setting up the map like that was enough to make them abandon the idea of a full frontal assault.
    Sounds like you you might want to consider the mass battles rules, and extension. If I was a PC having to wait for 70 NPCs to get through combat, I would have a nap each round.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-Mass-Battles

Works fine on a table. Using a computer should make it easier, not harder.

Thread Information