DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Savage Worlds v5.3 released

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition v5.3 and Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition 4.11 are now available.

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
    [Added] CT combatants can be edited by opening records from shortcut link
    [Added] Edit button added to combat tracker
    [Added] Ungroup button added to combat tracker
    [Added] PC sheet supports animal smarts
    [Added] Built-in in support for Low Light Vision, Night Vision and Darksight visions
    [Added] Vision and light effects can be defined into character item and abilities
    [Added] Modifications fields for item records
    [Added] Modifications fields for all armor types
    [Added] Wild die can be defined for non-wild card character with effects framework
    [Added] PC portrait right click option to whisper
    [Updated] Combat tracker layout updated
    [Updated] Add combatant to combat tracker group by dropping shortcut link into action card icon
    [Updated] Combat tracker performance improvements
    [Updated] NPC wild card status can be toggled with a click
    [Updated] Vehicle's combat tracker wild card status will affects rolls made from the vehicle sheet
    [Updated] Change combat tracker visibility, faction, identified and wild card values for all group member values by holding ALT down
    [Updated] Lightning settings updated to match Savage Worlds rules
    [Updated] Distracted, vulnerable, entangled, bound, stunned and the drop effects can be applied to other combatants from effects list
    [Updated] Non-wild card NPCs can have bennies in combat tracker
    [Fixed] Attacking PC vehicle uses characters's size. Fixed
    [Fixed] Occasional script error when removing combatant. Fixed
    [Fixed] Script error when toggling AFK. Fixed
    [Fixed] Add all PCs to combat tracker does not work. Fixed
    [Fixed] Script error when using light effect presents. Fixed
    [Fixed] NPC numbering started with 2. Fixed
    [Fixed] Combat tracker group removal was flunky. Fixed
    [Fixed] Party sheet bennies field was updated with wrong information. Fixed
    [Removed] Combat tracker group button removed. Groups can be managed with action card and combat tracker edit buttons, see above
    [Removed] Combat tracker groups collapse feature removed for sake of simplicity and consistency
    [Removed] Combat tracker extract from group by drag feature removed. Use combat tracker edit feature to extract combatants, see above
    [Removed] Option "CT: Host controls client CT" removed for sake of simplicity and consistency
    [Removed] Option "CT: Group members inherit leader's values" removed

Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition
    In addition to above,

[Fixed] Minimum strength calculation does not work. Fixed
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Doswelk's excellent video on the features

https://youtu.be/QI36BeINELI

Thank you Ikael! And thank you Doswelk for the video!

I noticed infravision doesn't do anything. Should it give some kind of vision?
    Low light, dark sight, and night vision work very well.

Hey Ikael, when a card is dropped onto an initiative card in CT, it throws an error instead of changing init. It's very easy to reproduce, and obvious, so you won't need an error log. (Isn't that a nice change!)
    ct/scripts/ct_combatantlist.lua: 104: attempt to index local 'rCustomData' (a string value)

btw, I like the grouping behavior of dropping characters on the card. It's makes sense and is an easier target to hit. Thanks from an older player.

The bennies on the party sheet are showing the wrong number.
    On the up side, they no longer change to the same value and increase/decrease as you change bennies on the character sheet.
    On the down side, the totals don't update when you change them on the character sheet.
    But the totals on the CT update properly.
    Here's a screenshot.
    PartySheetBennies.jpg
    You're probably thinking I should have caught these in beta on the test server. Sorry, I didn't have time. I'm catching these during game and game prep.

Hi Ikael,

while I appreciate your work on the Savage Worlds ruleset very much, I am disappointed about some of the latest changes. The lack of the possibility to collapse larger groups of NPCs turned out to be a great hindrance in our last gaming session. We had a boarding action with 7 PCs, 7 allied NPCs and 22 enemies. The combat tracker was so crowded that it was nearly impossible to get a quick overview. I also had enormous problems to group newly added NPCs to player characters.

Worse, there didn't show up any hints of the faction of the NPCs on the players' combat trackers. I have compared this to 5e where the faction is clearly visible by a coloured button an a coloured background to the entries in the combat tracker. Compared to this, The SWD solution is a desaster imo. Or did I miss an option for the SWD combat tracker to show the factions to players?

This is a player screenshot from SWD:

CT.PNG

And this one is from the 5e sample campaign:

CT5e.PNG

I would highly appreciate to get back the collapse option and an option to show factions in SWD.

Kind regards
    N.

P.S.: The previously fixed error with the incorrect number of bennies on the party sheet was back. Also, if I drag player characters from the party sheet to the combat tracker, the player icons disappear (they arrive without their character icon).
    Last edited by Nightpaw; June 25th, 2021 at 13:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaw View Post
    Also, if I drag player characters from the party sheet to the combat tracker, the player icons disappear (they arrive without their character icon).
    I have this too. I find just using the Menu/Add PCs on the CT works best (even if you have some of the PCs in the CT, it only adds the missing ones and does not have the icon issue).

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaw View Post
    Hi Ikael,

while I appreciate your work on the Savage Worlds ruleset very much, I am disappointed about some of the latest changes. The lack of the possibility to collapse larger groups of NPCs turned out to be a great hindrance in our last gaming session. We had a boarding action with 7 PCs, 7 allied NPCs and 22 enemies. The combat tracker was so crowded that it was nearly impossible to get a quick overview. I also had enormous problems to group newly added NPCs to player characters.

Worse, there didn't show up any hints of the faction of the NPCs on the players' combat trackers. I have compared this to 5e where the faction is clearly visible by a coloured button an a coloured background to the entries in the combat tracker. Compared to this, The SWD solution is a desaster imo. Or did I miss an option for the SWD combat tracker to show the factions to players?
    Same here, please, my players left off in the middle of a combat with 13 Bikers last session the Monday before 5.3 dropped and even beforehand I had been finding the tracker a little cluttered. I've been checking around the new version since and already the inability to collapse that huge block of Hells Angels extras is giving me the willies. I can't even imagine what it'd be like in a 36-participant Combat! I'd love to be able to at least collapse large Extra groups when its' not their turn so as to keep the Tacker as comprehensive as possible, and faction colours would just be the icing on the cake.

Thanks for all your hard work, Ikael, and looking forward to seeing what the future will bring.

- ToKo
    Last edited by Tokolosh; June 25th, 2021 at 15:39.
    - ToKo

ULTIMATE LISCENSE HOLDER, BABY!
    "Roll20 ruined my first Ambush, and I never looked back..."
    Dean - East Texas University - Higher Education Campaign - (SWADE Ruleset) In Progress

As I have come from D&D 5th edition, which doesn't have a collapsing CT like SW used to have, this is not an issue for me. I have had 50+ NPCs on the CT, plus a party of 8 players.

It's not a disaster, just something new to get used to.

I do agree that the faction should be shown to players, sure that will be added in soon enough.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; June 25th, 2021 at 19:43.

Thread Information