STAR TREK 2d20

Issue with losing remembered LoS - 5E

I am running a campaign in 5E ruleset and hit an issue with LoS last night while we were playing.

The players had gone through a portion of the map already and decided they need to go back to a safer room and do a rest. Since there was not going to be anything along the path for them and to speed it up, I used the function on the Combat Tracker of grabbing the Green helmet to move all of the players to the room at once.

When I did this; all of the players lose their remembered map LoS for where they had already gone through. I understand that the remembered LoS gets lost if you put the tokens on another map; but it seems like the same happens if you use the Combat Tracker helmets to move groups as one.

Is this a known issue? Or expected behavior?

As a side, is there plans on changing the remembrance for players on the maps for LoS parts uncovered?

Yes, this is expected. By using the green skull icon you are effectively removing the tokens and replacing them on the map - and thus the tokens lose the fog of war.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    As GM you can select and drag all the tokens. Holding shift (or alt?) While you do this allows you to drag through walls and not reveal Los during movement.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    As GM you can select and drag all the tokens. Holding shift (or alt?) While you do this allows you to drag through walls and not reveal Los during movement.
    It is Shift. I move some tokens that way already. and it only does not reveal LoS if you do not stop along the path to get where you are going.

A bit frustrating that the very useful feature of the helmets so hopefully there will be some way to maintain the fog of war when tokens are moved between maps in the future.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Klandare View Post
    A bit frustrating that the very useful feature of the helmets so hopefully there will be some way to maintain the fog of war when tokens are moved between maps in the future.
    It's been discussed. Has issues of its own. I believe their is an idea on the wish list you can vote for.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information