FG Spreadshirt Swag

Handling Marksman edge

How do you handle the Marksman in more Automated way? I have been using modifier [Attack +2] and putting 0 when not applicable.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

I gave this some thought and tested a couple of things. Aim has the same challenge, so it's a good question.

For the ignore cover option, I tried the effect
    [CODE][Ignore #Cover -2]</CODE]
    in combat tracker, but that doesn't work. If I add this effect to a weapon
    [CODE][>Ignore #Cover -2]</CODE]
    it works.

That's unwieldy for the aim maneuver on the fly, but for a character that has marksman or uses aim frequently, the player could create a sub attack on the weapon(s). A second sub attack with the shooting/throwing bonus would have to be added as well (or use a modifier, as I state below). The player needs to know when a target has cover, but that's usually obvious. I put these kinds of things on the players and it works out pretty well.

For the shooting/throwing bonus, you could create a modifier and hot key it (for your npcs) or the player(s) could hot key it and apply it. Then you don't have to fuss with CT.

This might be something Ikael could add to the rules engine. It's worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post

For the shooting/throwing bonus, you could create a modifier and hot key it (for your npcs) or the player(s) could hot key it and apply it. Then you don't have to fuss with CT.
    I have nothing to add to this conversation other than I did not know that you could do this - ie, put a modifier you use all the time in the box, then drag it to the hotbar. You can even modify the text of the hotbar (even remove the number) and it puts the right adjustment in.

Learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post

I have nothing to add to this conversation other than I did not know that you could do this - ie, put a modifier you use all the time in the box, then drag it to the hotbar. You can even modify the text of the hotbar (even remove the number) and it puts the right adjustment in.

Learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    How do you handle the Marksman in more Automated way? I have been using modifier [Attack +2] and putting 0 when not applicable.
    Basically you do not automate it.

There are too many variables to automate this, basically manually add the number to the modifier box before you roll or modify the roll in the CT after.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

What Doswelk said. It situationally applied (it could be range, called shot, speed, or size penalties being ignored rather than just cover) and that's a lot to ask the ruleset to evaluate to see if up to two points of penalties from a variety of sources should be ignored or if the +1 should apply if there are no penalties which can be ignored. The ruleset is great for automating stuff that always applies, but for situational stuff like this and Attractive or Famous for example, you have to go manual. As others have said, I just have the players hotkey situational modifiers and label them accordingly.

I asked how you handle it, not ask to automate Suggestion to add the modifier to shortcut is good and will ask the player next time, as the Effect requires my intervention.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Been expermenting, theoretically should be able to do something along lines of [Ignore Attack Ranged -2], but I haven't had much luck with it.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Thread Information