STAR TREK 2d20

Modules not loading for players

Using FGU 5E and modules not loading for players in my Friday campaign that I DM. The Sunday campaign I DM loads for players no problem.

I have set it to force load the modules I want them to have access to and it worked for some players and not others.

I have disabled 3rd party .ext's and that isn't solving the problem. Any thoughts on where to proceed would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Check that they don't have some kind of flood protection or anti virus software that's interfering with the upload.

We'd need your and your players log files (from the players who don't get the files) to investigate further. One other point is that if a lot of players all join at once it can take a while for everyone to get the files if you have a lot of shared material. You could have a player that can't get the files join a new campaign with only one or two shared files to see if they get those.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Tosari View Post
    I have set it to force load the modules I want them to have access to and it worked for some players and not others.
    Giving players access to a module (the green tick indicator) doesn't force load the module for the players. It just gives them access, if they wish to open it. Each player still needs to go to the Library -> Modules and open the modules they want to use.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I will get the log files where are they stored? In campaign folder?

The players can manually load the modules that are shared, but they have to do it EVERY TIME they connect and it does not behave that way in the other campaign I run.

You'll need both the log files from the GM and player. Also, you'll want to grab from both machines right after the player connects. You can grab the files at any time by opening the console (button in upper left on launch/connect screen (or /console in chat entry box once tabletop open); then hit the Compile Logs button)

My guess is that the user may have installed their FG data folder in a non-default location, and they are running into issues with certain files saving. Can you ask the user(s) having the problem where their FG data folder is located?
    (Default is: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fan tasy Grounds\)

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information