DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dragging standalone dice expressions from chat

In previous releases, I could use /die 30, for example, or /die 3d6, and drag that result to the combat tracker wounds field and apply damage. This does not seems to work anymore, it always lead to Damage[0] -> [Character] being applied. Negating the value heals as expected.

Another (not sure if related) issue is when I roll simple dice. For example, if I change de modifier to +3, and manually roll 2d6, rolling 4, 2 for a total of 9, if I try to drag the result, instead of having a (expected) 9, I have a +3 (the modifier). In this case negating the value doesn't do anything.

Not sure if it is a bug, and if it is, I'd love to hear suggestions for the best way to roll an impromptu 3d6 fire damage on the party without a monster entry, for example.

Thanks!!
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    In previous releases, I could use /die 30, for example, or /die 3d6, and drag that result to the combat tracker wounds field and apply damage. This does not seems to work anymore, it always lead to Damage[0] -> [Character] being applied. Negating the value heals as expected.
    The damage code was re-written in Release 18, and it makes some assumptions on having damage types. I'll see if I can fix this specific issue.

Another (not sure if related) issue is when I roll simple dice. For example, if I change de modifier to +3, and manually roll 2d6, rolling 4, 2 for a total of 9, if I try to drag the result, instead of having a (expected) 9, I have a +3 (the modifier). In this case negating the value doesn't do anything.
    This is a CoreRPG issue. Would you mind logging in the House of Healing - Unity sub-forum please?

Not sure if it is a bug, and if it is, I'd love to hear suggestions for the best way to roll an impromptu 3d6 fire damage on the party without a monster entry, for example.
    The big thing here is the damage type - you can't assign a damage type to an impromptu dice roll into the chat window. I'll consider adding something in a future release, but it won't be for a while. To do this the most accurately currently would require setting a monster, or PC, in the combat tracker and doing a proper damage action with the relevant damage types and traits.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks a lot Trenloe, I added a new thread on the appropriate sub-forum.

I'll probably create a All-In-One custom monster that I can use for impromptu quick damage rolls.

Thanks!
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Thread Information