FG Spreadshirt Swag

SWD Minimum Weapon Strength Requirement Not Being Read Correctly

This is something I just noticed, so I'm certain it was working correctly at one point. This occurs for me whether I'm running FG Classic Ultimate or FG Unity Ultimate.
    These are the steps to recreate it.

• With either FGC or FGU, create a new campaign with the latest Savage Worlds Deluxe v.4.10.12 ruleset and enable the SWD players module.
    • Create a new Character and give them a d6 Strength (actually doesn't matter what die you assign for STR) and add the Shooting skill.
    • Access the [Inventory] tab and drag and drop any ranged weapon with a minimum strength requirement from Items.
    • Access the [Combat] tab; the newly added Weapon's dice button will list an incorrect penalty.

For a character with a d6 Strength, a weapon with a d8 min STR requirement will be listed incorrectly with a -4 penalty. For the same PC, a weapon with a d6 min STR requirement that matches their STR will be incorrectly listed with a -3 penalty, etc, etc. If I change the PC's Strength to d8 the penalty reduces by 1, but still lists an incorrect value. And of course when I make a roll for the weapon from the Combat tab, the errant penalty is being applied to the Shooting roll.
    Last edited by kronovan; June 18th, 2021 at 05:06.

Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    This is something I just noticed, so I'm certain it was working correctly at one point. This occurs for me whether I'm running FG Classic Ultimate or FG Unity Ultimate.
    These are the steps to recreate it.

• With either FGC or FGU, create a new campaign with the latest Savage Worlds Deluxe v.4.10.12 ruleset and enable the SWD players module.
    • Create a new Character and give them a d6 Strength (actually doesn't matter what die you assign for STR) and add the Shooting skill.
    • Access the [Inventory] tab and drag and drop any ranged weapon with a minimum strength requirement from Items.
    • Access the [Combat] tab; the newly added Weapon's dice button will list an incorrect penalty.

For a character with a d6 Strength, a weapon with a d8 min STR requirement will be listed incorrectly with a -4 penalty. For the same PC, a weapon with a d6 min STR requirement that matches their STR will be incorrectly listed with a -3 penalty, etc, etc. If I change the PC's Strength to d8 the penalty reduces by 1, but still lists an incorrect value. And of course when I make a roll for the weapon from the Combat tab, the errant penalty is being applied to the Shooting roll.
    Thanks for reporting this. I was able to reproduce the issue and provide solution. It will be available part of the next bigger update cycle
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Many thanks for looking into it Ikael & finding a solution.

Thread Information