5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    To be honest, the last time my group got together pre-pandemic, we started playing with dice and character sheets on day one but towards the middle of the day we broke out out laptops and used those for the rest of the weekend. Movement, die rolls and character maintenance was simply faster than older non-virtual gaming. We will probably do the same when we do live games going forward.

Purely a personal preference, but even if I met up with friends in person post-pandemic I think we would be using laptops and FGU - though rolling real dice, because that's a luxury that shouldn't be lost.

I can't imagine I would even do that though, as FGU has not only proven to me that tabletop roleplaying games can be played quite easily in a remote setting, but if anything it has allowed me to create far grander storylines and narratives than I would have been bothered to do with paper and pencil. I have more quality NPCs in my games now than I would ever bother fleshing out on paper.

Another aspect is that I can play with more friends, if my group met in person then at least one or two of them would be remote anyway. Gathering together is hard if you want to be consistent, but getting to your PC and a headset less so.

I suppose, to bring it back around to the topic at hand, I would say that it's perfectly fine for FGU to tweak here and there to better suit in-person playing, but I don't think there's going to be any major issues with relevance going forward.

Also note that Amazon Prime day is coming up next week and you could pick up a large TV to use as the 2nd monitor for cheap.

I agree its the title of the post. The implication is "after the pandemic why use a vtt"...spin it anyway you want but thats the impression the wording gives.

For MANY of us who used fg for years before the pandemic ...yes the notion of it becoming irrelevant after the pandemic is absurd indeed.

Also the notion of enhancing it for in person play is not original. Its been brought up at one time or another. My point for saying that is just an example of...where the majority of rhe customers wanted the product to go...(so far) in person play enhancements has not been the most demanded feature. Putting it on the idea app was a good step though to see if it now gets a mass of support.
    Last edited by Mytherus; June 16th, 2021 at 16:22.

Thread Information