5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Exclamation Fantasy Grounds College straw poll (Imortant)

Please help us make the right choices in regards to visibility, perception, and what we can offer. The link below is a basic straw poll with your votes anonymous of course.

https://strawpoll.com/1kqb5p61r
    Learn.png
    Last edited by Laerun; June 16th, 2021 at 20:37.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

It might be worthwhile to make it a suggestion/voting option. One of the concerns is that both FGC/FGU create confusion with the FGC/FGU products; and that college/university implies complexity.

Maybe something a little more learning oriented, but less contextually loaded; and less likely to cause confusion; like FG Academy?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It might be worthwhile to make it a suggestion/voting option. One of the concerns is that both FGC/FGU create confusion with the FGC/FGU products; and that college/university implies complexity.

Maybe something a little more learning oriented, but less contextually loaded; and less likely to cause confusion; like FG Academy?

Regards,
    JPG
    I didn't even think about the FGC/FGU names coinciding with FGC/FGU the program.

In that case I'd like to change my vote from keeping University and agreeing with Moon Wizard, Academy works well.

I am old and am tired of change - I voted keep it the same.

Regards,
    JPG
    FGC of Fantasy Grounds Classic is a DOA product! FGC I shall now recognize as Fantasy Grounds College from now on in honor of this fact. May Classic rest in peace
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

(Repeating myself from Reddit here)

I really don't think "Community" is a good way to go because the FG Community consists of many additional people beyond those that make use of the College. The "optics" of it aren't good.

Regards,
    JPG
    I agree. The options presented pretty much result in overlap with product names/abbreviations.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by The High Druid View Post
    (Repeating myself from Reddit here)

I really don't think "Community" is a good way to go because the FG Community consists of many additional people beyond those that make use of the College. The "optics" of it aren't good.
    Completely agree. The Fantasy Grounds Community is everyone here on the forums, on the Discord, AND the people involved with Fantasy Grounds College.

Regards,
    JPG
    FG Academy does indeed sound the best for me, too

No need to change the name.

Everyone knows that Fantasy Grounds College is Synonymous with learning how to use and improve the user experience in Fantasy Grounds. I send new people your way regularly.

With the Classic client coming toward the end of it's life, you'll soon be able to use the FGC with no worry about confusion.

Thread Information